You can type here any text you want

got a ZR-1

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I went 11.58@118 on c16 and only 18#s
also with my 107 chip new updated times coming soon and yes i was on pump

Originally posted by denn454
you raced someone with your mom in the car??? braver than I am, either that or your moms a whole lot cooler than mine.

My mom is cool. :cool:

i was going somewhere with my mom, we turned onto the highway, i pulled about 5# of boost and she had this look on her face that was between i'm goign to kill you, and oh crap your driving is going kill me. she didn't really say much but i know to never try that again.

I turned left on a street to go up a bridge but had to get in the left lane. I step in the gas a little harder and got about 7 pounds. Out of the corner of my eye I catch my moms head snap back when the car shifts into second. After we reached the top she reached over and punched me and said she new how Will Smith felt like in MIB when they were in the tunnel :D

Originally posted by boostin
I raced a ZR-1 once and beat him. Not in the 'stang, lol, in the GN with my mom. with my new engine maybe I could take 'em with the stang...stroked 351 and a single turbo... :D

What turbo are you running on the stang? I had a TT setup on my stang last year...traded it and am building another with a couple stock Grand National turbos. :D

Brian

Originally posted by il_wolf_li
What turbo are you running on the stang? I had a TT setup on my stang last year...traded it and am building another with a couple stock Grand National turbos. :D

Brian

I think a T66... not sure yet. I am also not sure about the 351. It's heavier than the 302 by a good but and I am setting up the car to corner. Z06 must die :D

ZR1

I am also in fl and own 2 ZR1's.. My 94 #197 with bolt ons, gears and a chip went 11.40... Published in the now defunct ZR1 registry magazine. While I love my staged GN, make no mistake, it goes fast comfortably in a straight line only!!! The vettes constantly take verbal abuse while few stop to consider the many hats this platform wears.The active suspension and LARGE... reliable!!!! brakes as well as the curvacious fiberglass body all add weight!! The looks coupled with the handling and stopping power cannot be equaled in the GN. Comparing apples to apples yeilds Fast Orange, an insane orange turbo ZR1 with something close to 1500 reliable HP. By the by the ZR1 holds the endurance speed record and if memory serves the car had an average speed of 177 MPH for 24 hours with a stop factored in for a radiator hose change!! Also, there are more fakes than real ones out there one quick reference is to look for the third brake lite up top ( not in the rear) with the octagonal taillights..
:cool:

Well, this was no 1500 hp zr-1 and you can have your turns and endurance all i care about is going straight. If i cared to turn fast i wouldn't be on my second G-body;)

Well, this was no 1500 hp zr-1 and you can have your turns and endurance all i care about is going straight. If i cared to turn fast i wouldn't be on my second G-body

Turning is fun! Pull 1+ G's accelerating, then turn left for 1 G lateral and then right for another 1 G lateral, then brake and like a bazillion G's deccel from the masive brakes on a Z06...that is fun, you should try it some day for something different. I love the 1/4 too, don't get me wrong...

I also saw someone in this thread say "Z06 must die" Bring it on:) I have a Buick Turbo T and a Z06...Beware of the Z06 drivers who know what they are doing (not me I only ran 12.43 @114.9 stock with an aitfilter as only mod), Cars with either upgraded heads/cam, NOS, and superchargers are becoming more and more poular on C5's. I've lost to quite a few to know, and I talk to a few of my vette brother's and some drop some serious cash in their cars it is rediculous. I'm happy just to be able to make payments on a stock Z06. When you see one with a bubble hood, it is most likely because he has a magnuson supercharger.

BTW- The almighty and cool ZR1 isn't even in my same class when SCCA racing...ZR1 is in a slower class...

I used to work for a chevy dealer and i've driven the z06 and its a fun car to drive but i wouldn't trade my my tr for it though. It does handle great and i love the 6 speed.

ZO6 ZR1 GN Blah Blah

Bottom line he with the most money in the toy wins, especially where mods are concerned!!! Stock GN to Stock ZR1 do the math!! Stock Z06 to stock ZR1 real close!! BTW my lil 4.0 supercharged Series II will out run and out handle them all on a slalom and still run up to 60 in 3.2 secs!! Point being,it is all in good fun,but... money poured in will cure all !!! The really frusterating part is my fathers TT 02 Porsche ( z50) can still hand me my a$$ in any of my go fast cars!!!:D

Originally posted by Vendor Defendor
and then you woke up :eek: ;)

just kidding, how come everyone runs you and never me?

humm,

-Neil

Cause they think your missing front bumper filler areas are some sorta hush hush forced induction.. (just kidding)

Bilt2run,

A few of my friends own expensive go fast toys (tt porche, viper's), and the one thing I've learned is having the money don't make a good driver. You have to have the skill to harness the power as well as the power itself. JMO regarding "he with the most money in the toy wins" statement, you also have to have skill as well. :cool:

Re: ZO6 ZR1 GN Blah Blah

Originally posted by bilt2run
Bottom line he with the most money in the toy wins, especially where mods are concerned!!! Stock GN to Stock ZR1 do the math!! Stock Z06 to stock ZR1 real close!! BTW my lil 4.0 supercharged Series II will out run and out handle them all on a slalom and still run up to 60 in 3.2 secs!! Point being,it is all in good fun,but... money poured in will cure all !!! The really frusterating part is my fathers TT 02 Porsche ( z50) can still hand me my a$$ in any of my go fast cars!!!:D

Don't you mean z56? isn't that the option code?

I don't think that even the GT2 can go 0-60 in 3.2...

Z56

you may be correct on the porsche option code I think that I am confusing codes as the Z50 refers to the supercharger option on the shelby series one.. It is true that skill can make up for a great deal of performance shortcomings however the machinery or lack thereof is a HUGE factor. The stock Series one goes 0-60 in 4.4 and the intercooled supercharger option drops that figure to 3.2, Remember this aluminum framed full carbon fiber bodied rocket only weighs in @ 2850 lbs. As far as the other comments, I am just trying to play the devils advocate and stir up some emotion and I guess it worked!! Make no mistake that I do appreciate skill and craftsmanship on the most basic level. I love to wrench (in this respect the buick is my favorite as I consider it to be a joy to modify. ) I do all of my own work from rebuilds to oil changes,love to save the money!! But, the sad fact is that generally speaking cash poured in = horsepower which in turn generally = victory.. No amount of skill can make up for a huge horsepower differential especially a 1/4 mile at a time!! :D :D

Back