Got my BB Pt-61

ur gonna like that turbo, its GREAT on the street

Just wondering is that a better street Turbo then say the CPT-66:confused: which some claim to be the best street strip Turbo.I myself would like the best Street Turbo.I do think the TE-44 I have is a bit small for my list of mods excluding a stall converter.

I say call Jack...but he said with heads and enough injector the 66 would rock. I just really like the 61 p-trim.

I say call Jack...but he said with heads and enough injector the 66 would rock. I just really like the 61 p-trim.

That may be true but the CPT-66 according to Jack rocks best with a Art Carr 3400 NLU converter.Im not sure how this will affect a car on the street.Im not into drag racing it at a track because I can't afford to break it as this car might be my daily driver for a little while.I would like to know the differences between a L/U and NLU 3400 converter.I do think my engine needs a bigger turbo.The only thing I don't have is a cam and I don't know at 104,000 miles I want to do a cam change.The engine runs perfect just a little rich probably from the 009 injector's.:cool:

The only problem with going with a CPT-66 is that to feel the extra power will I have to turn the boost past 18 lbs on 93 octane.No one is on the same page when it comes to streetable boost levels.I know Alky helps but spraying that all the time has got to push the stock block to its limits especially if the tune is off.That 61 Turbo looks like a blast from the guy who raced his turbo Regal in one of these threads and ran 10.80's.

Some quick pics, only waiting for the reducer for the up-pipe to throttle body, I can't wait to see how this thing works!!!! Then in about a week I'll finish the alky install!!!!

here it is before install...

IMG_0084.jpg

and on the car...

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Is Turbonetics the main manufacturer of the 61 Turbo?? Im getting a little confused because Precision calls them the GT 6152 but changed it now to the GT6162 Turbo.

The only problem with going with a CPT-66 is that to feel the extra power will I have to turn the boost past 18 lbs on 93 octane.No one is on the same page when it comes to streetable boost levels.I know Alky helps but spraying that all the time has got to push the stock block to its limits especially if the tune is off.

If the tune is off, you can grenade your motor at 18#. THere are guys on here running in the mid to low 10s consistantly with a stock block and good tune.You fail to realize that a bigger turbo is going to deliver more volume at the same pressure,thus making it not have to work as hard and is then more efficient. As everyone keeps telling you....tune first, then increase boost and tweak as you go along. With Alky you can adjust flow. A well tuned car will outrun a poorly tuned car that is running more boost .99% of getting these cars to run well is tuning. As I told you before, I spent a lot of money for FAST and found I had a bad EGR and IAC. Just food for though.:cool:

If the tune is off, you can grenade your motor at 18#. THere are guys on here running in the mid to low 10s consistantly with a stock block and good tune.You fail to realize that a bigger turbo is going to deliver more volume at the same pressure,thus making it not have to work as hard and is then more efficient. As everyone keeps telling you....tune first, then increase boost and tweak as you go along. With Alky you can adjust flow. A well tuned car will outrun a poorly tuned car that is running more boost .99% of getting these cars to run well is tuning. As I told you before, I spent a lot of money for FAST and found I had a bad EGR and IAC. Just food for though.:cool:

Yeah but i don't need to go 10.30's and I probably will never race the car at the track.Im still running the stock cam also.Thats why I don't think I need a 66 right now.I think the 61 is more then enough for me on the street.I just want a Turbo that spools fast and some extra power on the top end when I need it to pass someone on the highway.:cool:

motor

Motor has been rebuilt with standard stock crank, hyper pistons, heads ported
polished new springs ,seals, ported matched intake,212/212/roller cam , 50lb injectors, afr, stock intercooler with dutt neck, 3'atr single shot with pit bull muffler,walbro 340 w/hotwire kit all new sensors, Dyno-tech Hi-Pro trans with
Pro-Torque 9.5 LU converter 3200 stall , h&r parts drivers side motor mount
160 thermostat,pt61BB turbo, TT chip, thdp,That's all I can think of for now.............