Got my PL & SM in. Anything Else.

griffgoody

Just got my Scan Master & Power Loger in this week. Do i really need a Wide Band 02 ? If the 3 are better together. Which one is recommended. Don't won't one with a guage. Thanks in advance.

It is very helpful in tuning and if you get Eric's ( Turbo Tweak ) 6.1 wide band chip it will help greatly with tuning .
I use an AEM X series Inline with no gauge . You can see AFR on the Power Logger logs and the chip uses the AFR info for tuning ( it tries to maintain a set AFR programmed into it ) . I use this on my car and it works very well . It can be had for $170 .
https://www.aemelectronics.com/prod.../x-series-inline-wideband-uego-afr-controller

What Dynoman said. Erics 5.7 chip...for racing...requires you to monitor temp/humidity from run to run. As an example, when I was bracket racing my car, it would pick up 2.3 tenths on a 15% humidity drop...which means it got leaner. If you're riding a fine line already, then without manually adding high gear fuel, then you'd go lean and be into a set of heads gaskets. Erics 6.1 chip is the way to fly for most who wanna race using his chips.

I agree. Eric's 6.1 wideband chip is the way to go. I am using the PLX wideband with no gauge. The scanmaster will display the AFR readings so there is no need for an additional gauge. Then there is the auto correction with Eric's chip to hit the target AFR.

What Dynoman said. Erics 5.7 chip...for racing...requires you to monitor temp/humidity from run to run. As an example, when I was bracket racing my car, it would pick up 2.3 tenths on a 15% humidity drop...which means it got leaner. If you're riding a fine line already, then without manually adding high gear fuel, then you'd go lean and be into a set of heads gaskets. Erics 6.1 chip is the way to fly for most who wanna race using his chips.
Ok. Was planning on going with 5.7. But 6.1 sounds like the one I need. Thanks

I used the 6.1 and was very impressed how well it tracked to the set value. If you're going AEM you could do the inline X series. My friend has that it works nicely.

I used the 6.1 and was very impressed how well it tracked to the set value. If you're going AEM you could do the inline X series. My friend has that it works nicely.
That's what I believe i'm going with. Thanks

You will need to mount the bung for the wideband O2 sensor in the downpipe at least 18" from the turbo ... NOT in place of the existing narrow band O2 sensor before the turbo , leave that one alone .

You will need to mount the bung for the wideband O2 sensor in the downpipe at least 18" from the turbo ... NOT in place of the existing narrow band O2 sensor before the turbo , leave that one alone .
Thanks for info.