Governor mod

A non brf that shifted @ 4800 weighing 18.3 took 4 grams off to get 5600 may take off 1 more.
20170814_084020.jpg

I know tv limit will work. In fact transgo kits come with springs for that. Some (like PTS) condemn it completely, others simply caution that taking it too far can allow a kickdown that will over-rev the motor. I've never tried it.

Going by my logs I was getting about 6400 with a CQ with the gov lightened & the TV limit shimmed .050.
P/T shift points are kinda high though. Kick down is touchy too.

I know tv limit will work. In fact transgo kits come with springs for that. Some (like PTS) condemn it completely, others simply caution that taking it too far can allow a kickdown that will over-rev the motor. I've never tried it.
How does TV limit change work? I've got high, hard street shift points and I'm trying to figure out what the builder did. I have his number, but wouldn't know what to ask him....I want to drop the pan and see if I can get it corrected without a major thang.

How does TV limit change work? I've got high, hard street shift points and I'm trying to figure out what the builder did. I have his number, but wouldn't know what to ask him....I want to drop the pan and see if I can get it corrected without a major thang.
Looking at your sig it says RC as in Richard Clark. I've spent A LOT of time with him at his mecca. That's not normal for his build something is wrong. Call him and get it up there so it doesn't break. It's going to require the valvebody removal at least.

Thanks for the response Steve V. Sorry for the confusion. This is a different car, different trans from a friend had built at Cook's Transmissions in Columbia, KY if anyone is familiar with him. Richards worked a miracle on mine and trans is working GREAT in my GN!