GR Supra

MCH86GN

I'm seriously thinking about buying a 2020 GR Supra. The biggest issue right now is availability. The second thing I take issue with is I live in a no fault state so insurance will cost out the …! The third is being in MI, I don't want to drive it in the winter, so I would have to rent a storage space. Nothing displaces my GN in the garage.

Wait a year.
The first six months they'll all be priced over sticker, and Toyota has been very open at the press events about a pile of aftermarket parts coming for it.

The second model year will likely bring a TRD version, which fanbois will trade in their 2020s for, and you can scoop one up with low miles and grab an extended warranty to pile on top of the factory warranty.

Then there's the big problem: It's a BMW. Which means it will only last until the warranty gives up at 100,000 miles or ten years, then it'll literally crumble in the garage. So be prepared to trade it in when that time comes. It will not be maintainable beyond warranty coverage.

Have they come out with the paper bag for it yet? :rolleyes:
In AutoWeek's on-line coverage, that thing was BLASTED in the comments section for being one of the Fugliest things seen in recent memory :oops::unsure: I think that "hideous" was used several times for a description.

Have they come out with the paper bag for it yet? :rolleyes:
In AutoWeek's on-line coverage, that thing was BLASTED in the comments section for being one of the Fugliest things seen in recent memory :oops::unsure: I think that "hideous" was used several times for a description.

Read your comment again.

"BLASTED in the comments section for being one of the Fugliest..."

Really? The absolute most subjective criteria - how it looks - you're going to cede to a pile of morons from the internet?

Isn't it great living in one of the most expensive insurance states? I pay dearly too and I never even go near Detroit!

Read your comment again.

Really? The absolute most subjective criteria - how it looks - you're going to cede to a pile of morons from the internet?

He's right. The car is FUGLY, no doubt. Big ol' ugly nose, Toyota MR2 from the 90's bolt on looking side parts, they totally missed the mark.

The Matte Finish is 10 years behind the times, too. That carp never did look good, anyway.

But to each his own......

"Get you some of that!"

Image result for 2020 GR Supra

Last edited:
Read your comment again.

Sorry, I was right in there in full agreement... that thing should come with the aforementioned brown paper wrapper (in my opinion). I just thought that the opinions of other enthusiasts could be more insightful than just my own biased eyes :rolleyes:.

I also find the whole thing kinda strange. It is not "super fast" - at least by today's standards, it's not even really a Toyota (as noted above), and did anyone notice the hideous styling? I guess they are just playing on the name and hoping to keep the flame burning?
In the AutoWeek article, the Supra engineer said that makes "Japanes sounds"... or something equally ridiculous.

... and FWIW, the reactions by Car and Driver readers were just as severe in terms of styling, and MORE severe in terms of having BMW make Toyota's "Halo Car" :unsure:

Personally, I'd get a late 90s(preferably 98) Supra with the big rear spoiler. Plus, the 2JZ motor will handle something like 1,200-1,500hp without ever opening it.

Why not just go buy a Z4 instead? At least it looks somewhat tasteful. The looks of the new Supra makes me reminisce of the facelift and accompanying "Looks Fast" ad campaign of the Celica in the early 2000s.

Toyota totally flubbed the relaunch of the Supra. Although most of us say we want it, thank God GM hasn't attempted to relaunch the GN. Especially in a time when automakers and designers just don't seem to ever get it right. Imagine the new GN sharing a platform with another piece of garbage and probably having some other automakers engine. I'm good.

e10895c8b4c64eb8ef635856422f0cbf.jpg

This is exactly why I never want Buick to ever make another car called the GRAND NATIONAL!

I'm not a huge fan of the Supra (or any other car on earth really). But I respect it. And I obviously have a thorough understanding of the passion that Supra owners/enthusiasts have for this car. As a group, they generally represent the best of the import followers. Most that I have met, are serious. passionate, knowledgeable, intelligent, innovative good guys.

Now, they have this debacle to tarnish the Supra legacy that they hold so dearly. I only hope this never happens to us.

Its the ugliest biggest POS I've ever seen developed! Why in Gods name would u want to buy that? Fucking junk! Rebadged BMW. Its really a discredit to the name "Supra" cause I'm a big fan. I can't remember any car ever being produced that was more of a disappointment than the new Supra was. Smfh

Not really impressed with the new Supra's engine. IMO, the newer LGX engine from GM owns it. A few articles did a comparison of the two engines, or should I say, the two cars (Supra vs V6 Camaro) and of course, the writers were "blown away" with the Supra's torque... but that of course had nothing to do with the turbo, it's just the naturally aspirated LGXs' inability to make the same amount without a turbo <sarcasm>...

He's right. The car is FUGLY, no doubt. Big ol' ugly nose'.

Image result for 2020 GR Supra

Agreed. Immediately reminded me of Family Guy when I first seen the new Supra. Perhaps some of those Japanese auto makers are still obsessed with the idea of having a bigger penis after all these years in competing with the Americans lol. I mean hey, they can still dream can't they..... :D j/k

- Rob