You can type here any text you want

Graceful Deaths, c'mon admit it. Post em

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EGOKILR

Dont Worry, Be Happy.
Well, I have not been whooped yet exept by Ray's old "Blue Monster" which is another TurboBuick, He Broke the Dyno @ 590 HP and he still had more to go.

One late night around 1am Decided
" I was EGOKILR" and, Got My Ego Killed,
funny thing is I dont have A Big Ego, cars usually mess with me and then I kill there EGO's hence the name,"EGOKILR.

This has taken a couple months to post. Im over it now.

Im doing about 70 coming from work and a Brand New M6 is in front of me, he is in the fast lane and I move over two lanes to get to get next to him, he knew right away what I was there for. He got on it and I got on it and it was like we were standing still, and he was inching and inching and inching next thing you know, I could feel my top end gone. I have never had a car this close. After he pulled a car on Me I let off, because I knew he beat me and there was nothing left,I could feel it, also didnt want to blow anything up.

The funny thing is He Put the Hazards on Me, "You Motha Bleeeeper".
Well that is the night I got killed
I didnt think about anything all night except for that M6, that black M6.

Well after getting laughed at by my other buddies for racing one especially on the freeway, they told me, " Our cars are not for top end, from a dig it would have been a different story.

If you need to, go ahead and post here it helps with getting it off your chest, go ahead post, it feels good to get it out LOL.

No shame in that

I think it would be impossible to find someone that can say they have never been beat. Im still a lil puzzled at the outcome of that race---how fast has ur car gone?

I got killed by an 03-04 Cobra in my LS1 WS6, (in the short time that I owned that car). We took off normally from a light and an I got in it with him at my rear bumber. All the sudden I heard the ominous whining behind me and he shot pst me like I wasn't even moving. It made my car feel really slow. Lol. He was cool about it though, he let me ahead of him again to see if I wanted play more. After he realized I already got a good taste of what his car could do, he flashed his headlights and moved.

Isn't an M5 like a super M3 or is it just bigger? I don't know much about BMW's. All I can say about people using their hazards after they won a race is that they must be making up for other "personal inadaquicies." I don't mean to offend anyone here that does that but it's just not good sportsmanship in my opinion. I'm usually happy at the fact that I won and move on or give a thumbs up.

am m-5 and an m-6 share the same power plant, 500 horsepower, one's a 2 door the other a 4 door, i will tell all you guys this i had my brother-in-laws M-5 at 150mph :eek: , it it had more rpm's to , those things come with a 7 yes 7 speed transmission, very few of our cars could ever match the top end that those cars are capable of :)

Attachments

• Picture 4011.JPG
    Picture 4011.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 657
Had a 3 way race the Thursday nite....TTA vs Modded Sti vs Modded LS-1-SS. I jumped both by 2 cars and the SS ran me down in 3rd gear, never did see the Sti though. ;) I think the SS had dope cause he started screaming out of nowhere and just walked on by. Didn't bother me too much as I'm pretty stock....although I had a VW Gti R32 that made me go to 70 or 80 to run him down and that one had me bummed till I found out the 1/4 times on those cars. :eek:

Some 4 door newer style Mercedes (not one of the fast ones) was eggin' me on the other day as I was doing about 50 on the freeway. So I stepped on it (as he did) and we stayed even till about 65-70 when he started walking me. I let off to take my exit. I was running 10 psi boost.

I got beat by a Honda last year in a street race :eek:

BTW...that car runs 11.00's @ 125, my car ran low 11's too.

Well since the bmw hit the hazards on egokilr I just had to get some revenge for us buick guys and so I did I got into a race with a srt 10 viper truck and figured what the hell,once I got past him I did put the flashers on but the best part was my girl is the one that stomped him and when he finally pulled next to us she rolled down the limo tint and said good race,he looked in amazement and said oh sh*t, :D yes beaten by a girl plain out sucks....But since this is a therapy session I will post that I got killed by a mustang,,,D*mn that is sooo hard to say but it happened.Coming over a overpass I saw him and he saw me he got on it and so did I he shoots past me as my tires just light up and I start heading for the wall (car went sideways) so there it is,yes it is embarrassing and I will speak of it no more egokilr I would rather talk about the vette I killed when we were out late that one lonely night...Do you remember?? victory is sooo sweet...

Therapy session LOL

Brer Rabbit said:
I think it would be impossible to find someone that can say they have never been beat. Im still a lil puzzled at the outcome of that race---how fast has ur car gone?

The funny thing is I was told by Bruce on here, that the previous owner had this car made specifically for the track. I was also told he had time slips for 11.6-12 for when he went to the track.
I have not been to the track but most people tell me those times are very capable with my sig. As far as that race I may have been going faster than 70 by the time I got over to him, I could feel my top end go out, no more to give after he got a car on me, so we had to be doing 115-120 by that time. I do know he had to be a little concerned because we were very close and he only inched on me. But I still got beat and He rubbed it in reallllll well. I deserved it.
I dont usually start a race at least 9-10 times I havent. I dont race unless I feel they are worthy. When I say worthy I do three things, check out exhaust, listen to engine or know that the car is capable of giving me a good run. At least my theory is dont race every TOM and Dic out there, just more chances for something breaking, a ticket, or impound and or an accident.

Hey good news, dont feel so bad

From a dig it would have been a different story.

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--M6-Drag-Racing.html

You were in the wrong neck of the woods, you should have went right instead of left.
Really nice car and I know you like them also but they are mid to low 12s in the 1/4. Maybe you can catch him on the street one day.

Kma697 said:
although I had a VW Gti R32 that made me go to 70 or 80 to run him down and that one had me bummed till I found out the 1/4 times on those cars. :eek:

I have an '04 VW R32 (250HP, AWD 6spd) and it isn't that fast in the 1/4.....13.8-ish with chip/intake. It may not be the best drag car but it's an animal in the corners which makes it a blast of a daily driver.

DSC01406.jpg

SRT 4 Dig or Roll

its turbo time said:
My most embarrasing defeat came at the hands of a black srt4. i almost cried, but that thing screamed.
Yeah they are the Turbobuicks of our time, just wondering was it from a dig or from a roll. I know they are fast but they supposedly loose traction from a launch.

i killed an m-5 on the way to the track when i finally broke into the 10's. he tried passing me, both doing about 70 mph. saw him duck into the high speed lane and he looked over at me. we both got on it @ the same time, pulled about 5 cars on him. he gave me a big thumbs up, that was cool.

incubus2432 said:
I have an '04 VW R32 (250HP, AWD 6spd) and it isn't that fast in the 1/4.....13.8-ish with chip/intake. It may not be the best drag car but it's an animal in the corners which makes it a blast of a daily driver.

DSC01406.jpg

I thought it was your typical 15 or 16 second VW, at the light he put 3 cars on me out the hole and I had to run him down. Caught me off guard and I had to run it out to catch him.....stock TTA's(factory original untouched) don't do much better than high 13's either.

Yea, most everyone gets beat now and again. though I hate saying this, there truely is no replacement for displacement. Even though you may have some TA-99 turbo and thousand pound injectors, you still only have 3.8 litres of displacement any way you slice it. As much as you can mod our cars, in my opinion, they are still not highway cars that the bmw's are. (i drive a 3 series bmw for my daily driver) even my little beemer drives fantastic on the highways. They are definitely the kings of the road for lengthy pulls.
As for pure street racing, I think our TR's are still the kings hands down. In ANY category. Theres veerry few other cars out there that respond soo well to soo few mods like ours do.
Namely the 2000 Audi Quattro twin turbo. Wow. Its basically a nicer 4 door jetta, with 2 turbos though. This silver 4 door whooped me silly from a 30 roll. I mean I thought I put it in reverse by accident... I was astounded.
The very next day I did some reconnaissance on how it was that he beat me, and the audi dealership told me that it was a bi-turbo car, but theyre still not that fast, and that it was indeed modded. So I didnt feel that bad cuz it was also from a roll. Had it been from a stop, and for a full quarter mile, I felt I still could have run him down in the end.
At any rate, I never seen a car go from 30 to about 80 THAT quick. I mean it was like RIGHT NOW. Those little turbos sure spool fast man. I looked for that kid for months afterwards and never found him again. I was going to take him on the service drive and see whats up then...but no luck. So theres my beat down story :)

Therapy Session

matt87 said:
i killed an m-5 on the way to the track when i finally broke into the 10's. he tried passing me, both doing about 70 mph. saw him duck into the high speed lane and he looked over at me. we both got on it @ the same time, pulled about 5 cars on him. he gave me a big thumbs up, that was cool.
Well this was supposed to be a "being killed theorapy session" :D LOL but for any turbo Buick winning a race NICE KILL, but as you can see with a mid 10 sec car they are fast on the top end. Here is the culprit, by the way its a beautiful car.

http://www.bmwusa.com/byo/byohome.htm?Acode=XAB60BMC301A0

P.S. I didnt have my alky in the car nor the 60# mototrons, or cotton front mount. When My time comes to have some time off of work I will finally get to feel the JOY of Alky and BOOST, HMMMM lethal Combonation.

01 camaro ss vs gsxr 1000

4 years ago , me & a co-worker were on our way to the LVMS, im up ahead of him and when i saw an opening i floored the crap out of my car, im doing 140 & all of a sudden his bike shot past me like i was standing still :eek: , after that, he took over the bragging rights at our job :mad: . same year i was bracket racing, i raced a VIPER in the time trials, another mismatch, when he pulled away from me, i thought my car cut off :( i wished i was in the GN when i raced that VIPER, i would of scored my 1st kill against 1.

today i got beat by a crown vic. i was heading up to my body man for him to install my t-top hardware and paint my bumper fillers..i was on the interestate goint about 70-75 so my speedo says..and then boom...a crown vic laid the smackdown on me..i got burnt with a nice lil speeding ticket of 82mph in a 65 :mad: sry its not really getting beat but i had to tell someone

Spanked by my friends chevelle

MY friend has a 68 chevelle w 572-620 hp... while he was breaking in the motor he had a powerglide. it really prvented him from buse and it was toppin out at 65 maxx. During this time i broke his chops my 6 cyl wasnt boostin n i was whoopin him.... well long story short he upgraded to a 4l80e w a compushift system... his new 342 rear was also broken in. We were on the L.I.E. and i m thinkn he paid bucks for nada. hes a lil ahead n im at his bumper.... he sees me catchin up i hear that beast roar... it looked like the car just picked up everything and was gone.... another night 3 civs just bobbe and weaved through traffic and i was there lookin slow. i kno i could beat them its just that i didnt think its worth my car to weave...I caught my friends 620 at the track... i beat him c he spun all the way but i wiped out my crank...damm he still won n now we ruise in his toy not the gn. thats painful

Back