You can type here any text you want

Graceful Deaths, c'mon admit it. Post em

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I wasnt going to post this but oh well (Pesky lil Boy Neon)

I am telling myself on the way back from dinner, I am not going to play with anyone tonight no matter who it is.
I am at the light and I cant tell what is behind me but he is on my ass at the stop light,didnt even think twice about getting ready for a race. The light turns green and I am cruisin about 20-25 and Wellllll what'ya know a F---cin Neon comes flyin by me on my left, I didnt even think, I just snapped and got on it, Must be because the car was red, I dont know why I did it but did, I caught up to him so fast I had to hit my brakes really hard to avoid hitting him from behind after I caught him instantly.I was on Him like a Dogg getting ready to pounce on a cat, well this slowed my momentum down so I got over to the left to pass him and spooled about a car to about a car and half and all kinds of traffic was ahead and I tried to hit the breaks and :eek: YIKES "NO Brakes", ( I just did the Vacuum conversion thing, and notice the brakes seem to really stiffen up and dont work for a moment due to all the vacuum being lost i assume to the turbo), and then finally they came back just in time not to hit the car ahead of me. Well in thousandths of a second I am saying do I continue on with this whoopin and do the ricer thing and bob and weeve through traffic or due I just leave it alone knowin this car is going to get smoked even more. Well they continued on and I know I better not even think about seeing a neon come on here saying he hung with a GN. If I had even known I was going to race, he would have been really smoked and I dont like racing with alot of traffic around.

EGOKILR said:
Yeah they are the Turbobuicks of our time, just wondering was it from a dig or from a roll. I know they are fast but they supposedly loose traction from a launch.

It was from a 60 punch...i know, i know, there all top end and were all low end, but i was feeling cocky. I might have had a chance from a stop but i guess we'll never know. And for the record i've raced many srt-4's and this was the only one i've lost too. ;)

yeah are cars get us cocky but we have to race our race

its turbo time said:
It was from a 60 punch...i know, i know, there all top end and were all low end, but i was feeling cocky. I might have had a chance from a stop but i guess we'll never know. And for the record i've raced many srt-4's and this was the only one i've lost too. ;)

I made the same mistake as posted above feeling invincible and felt no one could touch me. Well I did the same mistake and ran a race out of my power band. From a launch our cars are deadly, that is what they are for bottom end, top end unless you have a mid to high 10 sec car, a car like ours will just eventually get caught if its a nice top end car.

its turbo time said:
My most embarrasing defeat came at the hands of a black srt4. i almost cried, but that thing screamed.

EGOKILR said:
Yeah they are the Turbobuicks of our time, just wondering was it from a dig or from a roll. I know they are fast but they supposedly loose traction from a launch.

SRT-4's can be impressive (and I've seen them spank their fair share of street muscle), but IMO 03-04 Cobras are more like the Turbo Buicks of our time.

I am driving off base at night and notice some lights in my rear and he is on my ass, so I am like WTF, cause it is only like 25 mph on post. I come to a right merge lane to go onto a highway, figuring if he wants some he is gonna get smoked. As I begin to accelerate from about 25-30 mph, he cuts over to the right and proceeds to walk me hard, not to make an excuse but my TH400 tranny doesnt downshift for some reason unless I do it manually which I forgot to do. Well he passes me hard and it was a SRT-8 Charger, and the main thing that hurt was that his plates said "TOO FAST". I was sulking all the way home.

My most humiliating loss was not in my GN. It was in my '88 Mustang GT. It was supercharged and pretty quick for the day. I was on the highway and decided I would mess with an early-80s Malibu that had pretty ominous duals coming out from under the bumper. I ran up next to him and he nailed it. So did I. He was pulling away pretty good. He cut in front of me and exited the highway. Even though I wasn't going that way I followed. If I couldn't take him on the straightaways I could certainly blow him away in the corners. I was on him like white on rice on the curved ramp down into town. We were going a lot faster than we should have. Someone pulled out right in front of him. He stopped - I didn't. I plowed the front of my Mustang in. His tail pipes cut two perfect holes in my front fascia. Took out the bumper, rad support, radiator, a/c condenser, hood, a fender, headlights, etc. His car was totaled (damage was pretty much the same, but it was worth less). He hit the lady in front of him. It was a blazer - he hit her spare tire and busted her tailgate and glass.

My insurance company paid for it all except for my Mustang, which didn't have collision on it.

Now I very, very rarely 'race' on the street. Mostly I stick to stoplight skirmishes or quick highway rolls where I'm familiar with the area and know there's zero possibility of cross traffic.

Jim

darkred87T said:
I got killed by an 03-04 Cobra in my LS1 WS6
I've been whooped by two of those on the street. I did beat the one I faced at the track, though. And I pulled on one in a roll race but she had missed a shift.
I've been killed by at least three Turbo Buicks: a GN on the street driven by a poster on this board and two T-Types at the strip, both running low 12's.

Yes I had a close call with one also......

[ Well he passes me hard and it was a SRT-8 Charger, and the main thing that hurt was that his plates said "TOO FAST". I was sulking all the way home.[/QUOTE]

I guess either he thought I was going to do like the commercial and get whooped like the commercial did and go, "Hey what do you got in that thing",this was on the street, my neck of the woods, well he was so disappointed he woulndnt even look my way.
Then I ran into An all Black one on the freeway,and you know when you see them, the front hood has the big air induction , can you say BAD AZZZZZZZZZZZZ, I seen him coming from a mile away, ok a long distance away. He pulls up to me with a look of confidence and throws his hands up like, Whats up, I throw mine up like whats up, I got on it and then slowed down realizing I am in the wrong neck of the woods. I have Driven the 5.7's many times and they can be vicious from 70, but this was the SRT 8. And the passenger was looking like he admired what i just did and had a big smile on his face. I rolled my window down and and said, I know about those things, you guys got top end, and they nod. Well he cruised off after we said later and that thing just rolled on FAST. The exhaust sounded reallllll nice.

I too have lost to an Srt-4, sigh... My car was bone stock, and his car had the boost turned up. Anyways we whent from about a 10 mph roll and he had me by about a 1/2-1 car length up till about 90.

I actually beat 2 GNs w/ my jetta 1.8T...at the track on top of that. To make it worse it looked stock and it still had dealer plates on it. Much later, after many mods, it wasnt uncommon to get a lightly modded GN, or even heavy modded 5.0, or LT1....its those fricken LS1s that always had more breath than I did.
Now I am a buick guy, and bow to VERY few VWs. :) There is a daily driven turbo civic locally runnin 9.8-9.9 quarters that I never wanna meet at the tree or red light.

LOL Thats funny I wouldnt either

GregInAtl said:
Now I am a buick guy, and bow to VERY few VWs. :) There is a daily driven turbo civic locally runnin 9.8-9.9 quarters that I never wanna meet at the tree or red light.
Ditto

My turn

I have only gotten into two races with our GN, lost the first.

Back before the turn of the century (99 if memory serves), and before I had done anything to the GN but replace the headlights, my wife (then GF) and I were going to a friends outside of town on a narrow 2-lane. We were crusing 45mph, and a 80 something Camaro with a LARGE primered cowl induction hood and decent sounding mufflers almost pulls out infront of us coming from a dirt road. He did stop in time, we went by and he came up behind me fast and went to pass. K said 'get him' and the whoosh factor kicked in...but not enough. We were side by side for a ways all the while he was inching on me. He never got ahead of me...my bumper was about at the middle of his front fender, but there was a curve coming and I let off knowing I didn't want to press my luck with a poor handling (at that time) vehicle and I didn't have any more pedal left.

Since then I have vastly improved the performance of ol' Zeus.
Haven't seen that Camaro since...but I keep looking.

BTW, what is the story behind the hazzard flashers? Is it like flipping someone off? Is it a west coast thing? I can't say I have ever seen it happen, just curious.

When I first got my car it had a very slow spooling problem due to the previous owner installing a te-53 on a stock long block with the stock converter. I figured out the problem and installed a 3500 n/l and WALLA...totally different car! Anyhow, I took it to the track and was in the pits next to a late 80s Mustang. This was a caged, stripped interior race car on the trailer. I could feel a wierd vibe from these guys as we both made passes at different times and came back to the pits for tuning. Well, we ended up next to each other and he ran a 7.50 to my 7.60 in the eighth mile and they were congratulating each other on a great run and smiling my way. I did not feel so bad because I was able to drive home in comfort with my bolt on only car! :cool:

EGOKILR said:
Well, I have not been whooped yet exept by Ray's old "Blue Monster" which is another TurboBuick, He Broke the Dyno @ 590 HP and he still had more to go.

One late night around 1am Decided
" I was EGOKILR" and, Got My Ego Killed,
funny thing is I dont have A Big Ego, cars usually mess with me and then I kill there EGO's hence the name,"EGOKILR.

This has taken a couple months to post. Im over it now.

Im doing about 70 coming from work and a Brand New M6 is in front of me, he is in the fast lane and I move over two lanes to get to get next to him, he knew right away what I was there for. He got on it and I got on it and it was like we were standing still, and he was inching and inching and inching next thing you know, I could feel my top end gone. I have never had a car this close. After he pulled a car on Me I let off, because I knew he beat me and there was nothing left,I could feel it, also didnt want to blow anything up.

The funny thing is He Put the Hazards on Me, "You Motha Bleeeeper".
Well that is the night I got killed
I didnt think about anything all night except for that M6, that black M6.

Well after getting laughed at by my other buddies for racing one especially on the freeway, they told me, " Our cars are not for top end, from a dig it would have been a different story.

If you need to, go ahead and post here it helps with getting it off your chest, go ahead post, it feels good to get it out LOL.
i havnt been in a street race yet. But dont take her out that much, since im still learning her power. But, my car doesnt even build boost on the road until top of 1st gear, but ocne i hit 2nd,.........watch the Fu!@#!@# out :eek: I can go triple digit speeds way to fast. It gets me cought off gaurd alot. It just pulls like a frigin frieght train in 2nd and 3rd gear with no relief. Good stories guys, keep them coming, out! :cool:

I got beat by my friends 02 SS Z28 on a role..He runs mid 12's at the track.
My 86 is mostly stock with stock 89k valve springs.

Black Mustang loses to White one

Just this weekend In my 98 mustang gt daily driver. New girlfriend...after a movie...its 11:30 at night pulling out onto our main strip. 3 lane road another GT flys up on the light with just a grandma car between us. Trying to be responsible I say "watch this fool fly off the light"....both cars do!! and the mustang wins by far and gets over to get me at the next light. I'm telling myself no,no,no but when it turns green we nail it.....both cars loose traction on some gravel dust and i feather it to hook up first and pull a car length...my car then procedes to hit a rev limiter!!! and i hit the brakes as the jerk flies by....look down, my automatic isnt quite clicked into drive...stuck in 2!! I was so pissed i pulled into a gas station and watched my hands shake as I pumped. Embarassing!! Need to fix my GN so she can see what I'm really about.....was sad!

incubus2432 said:
I have an '04 VW R32 (250HP, AWD 6spd) and it isn't that fast in the 1/4.....13.8-ish with chip/intake. It may not be the best drag car but it's an animal in the corners which makes it a blast of a daily driver.

DSC01406.jpg

I LIKE THE R32. THROW A TURBO ON IT AND ITS A PRETTY QUICK DAILY DRIVER. AND FUN TOO....! LOVE THE ERGONOMICS OF THE INTERIOR. SEATS ARE JUST AWESOME. SWEET RIDE...!

A nitroused Viper took me down by about 2 car lengths at the track. I ran a 10.921...The only other loss in the past 4 years was a 9.9 second Impala at the track.

when i picked up my 04 cobra from the dealer i lost to a not so stock typhoon. he beat me pretty badly. i tried to get him to race my little low 11sec. bolt on 93gt and he didn't want none of that. those 03-04 snakes are the turbo buicks of the next gen.....rare and very little to make them extremely fast.ie ported supercharger, live axle, pulley and tune and i was running low 11.20's after driving the car 200miles that day to the track. my race prep was to turn the radio off. LOL

I was driving around the other day testing out a 110 Turbo Tweak chip that was obviuosly way too aggresive for my current set up with 100 Octane and alky. Anyhow, I spot a new VW GTI at a gas station before I get on the entrance ramp to route 80 to test the chip.

I get out on the highway and as I approach the fast lane, I see Mr. GTI comming up fast to the right. As soon as I step in it, I quickly realize I can barely pull any boost without knock and had to let off. I watched him go flying by with a girl in the passenger seat. I tried again but only got more knock and had to let off again. He must have seen me get on it for that brief moment and proceeded to pull several bus lengths on me. :rolleyes:

Oh well I'm sure he's proud and his GF prolly thinks he's the Sh*t.

Back