You can type here any text you want

Graceful Deaths, c'mon admit it. Post em

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I was driving around the other day testing out a 110 Turbo Tweak chip that was obviuosly way too aggresive for my current set up with 100 Octane and alky.

Anyhow, I spot a new VW GTI at a gas station before I get on the entrance ramp to route 80 to test the chip. I got out on the highway and as I approach the fast lane, I see Mr. GTI comming up fast to the right. As soon as I step in it, I quickly realize I can barely pull any boost without knock and had to let off. I watched him go flying by on my right with a girl in the passenger seat. I tried again but only got more knock and had to let off again. He must have seen me get on it for that brief moment and proceeded to pull several bus lengths on me. :rolleyes:

Oh well I'm sure he's proud and his GF prolly thinks he's the Sh*t.

Yea, most everyone gets beat now and again. though I hate saying this, there truely is no replacement for displacement. Even though you may have some TA-99 turbo and thousand pound injectors, you still only have 3.8 litres of displacement any way you slice it. As much as you can mod our cars, in my opinion, they are still not highway cars that the bmw's are. (i drive a 3 series bmw for my daily driver) even my little beemer drives fantastic on the highways. They are definitely the kings of the road for lengthy pulls.
As for pure street racing, I think our TR's are still the kings hands down. In ANY category. Theres veerry few other cars out there that respond soo well to soo few mods like ours do.
Namely the 2000 Audi Quattro twin turbo. Wow. Its basically a nicer 4 door jetta, with 2 turbos though. This silver 4 door whooped me silly from a 30 roll. I mean I thought I put it in reverse by accident... I was astounded.
The very next day I did some reconnaissance on how it was that he beat me, and the audi dealership told me that it was a bi-turbo car, but theyre still not that fast, and that it was indeed modded. So I didnt feel that bad cuz it was also from a roll. Had it been from a stop, and for a full quarter mile, I felt I still could have run him down in the end.
At any rate, I never seen a car go from 30 to about 80 THAT quick. I mean it was like RIGHT NOW. Those little turbos sure spool fast man. I looked for that kid for months afterwards and never found him again. I was going to take him on the service drive and see whats up then...but no luck. So theres my beat down story :)

Well I guess that disproves the displacement theory, isn't the Audi a 2.7 liter????

Back