You can type here any text you want

grand national stolen out of paint shop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Where is this body shop? You have been scammed my friend. I would soak a wood bat in water and then go dry it out on his azz. What condition was car in? 5k is a rough driver. Get a lawyer. Report them to the BBB. Get his insurance info. Press charges. Has he paid you anything yet? If not that is a plus. Have any pics of car ?
:) All he has givin me was the deposit and three hundred dollars toward the 5000 that I have not cashed and dont want to . I have pictures was trying to load them up

You are being way "too nice".

The shop owner would have met my friend long ago . He always collects, always.

Mikey

hello; Well that blows. If he's a respectable body shop he'll do the right thing and give you what its worth. But if it wasn't your going to have to fight. I never had to go to any lawyers for anything but I wish you luck and you should start by posting the name and place here. That way if any parts start showing up for sale you would know more.
good luck
IBBY

I wouldn't rush into it. Its only been ..what 6 month's?? Some cars turn up years later . Maybe it will surface then.. Lots of guys would eye ball a car like your sitting at a body shop with a flat tire and no paint on it yet . The shop owner really seems sincere helping you out BUT he prob used your car for Christmas presents for his family. Cut him some more slack an maybe he will get a guilty feeling and miraculously find your car . :rolleyes:

[quote="Grumpy, ]I wouldn't rush into it. Its only been ..what 6 month's?? Some cars turn up years later . Maybe it will surface then.. Lots of guys would eye ball a car like your sitting at a body shop with a flat tire and no paint on it yet . The shop owner really seems sincere helping you out BUT he prob used your car for Christmas presents for his family. Cut him some more slack an maybe he will get a guilty feeling and miraculously find your car . :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thread killer! ;) You're right about not rushing into it though.......wouldn't want to make a hasty decision I regret later........

Here is the way it works. If he gives you $5000 and the car surfaces it is his or his insurance company's whoever paid the bill. Since this is an inside job he is trying to "buy" your car for $5K, when you are paid off the car will miraculously appear and he will have clear title to it. Best to sue for the full value of the car.

Here is the way it works. If he gives you $5000 and the car surfaces it is his or his insurance company's whoever paid the bill. Since this is an inside job he is trying to "buy" your car for $5K, when you are paid off the car will miraculously appear and he will have clear title to it. Best to sue for the full value of the car.
good info thats one of the reasons i didnt cash the money order ... I was thinking I would be able to sue for the difference

Get a Lawyer ASAP. It'll be $4000...$1000 for the lawyers nasty letter, if no payment then the other $3000 court cost.

After that ,the shop will forward it to there Business Insurance people an the battle begins.

Worst case the shop declare bankruptcy an closes it's doors then re-opens under an other name...In that case you get Nothing...

Times of the Essence...

Good Luck (GN's go for $20,000 these days..Been here, done this.)

This whole debacle sounds like a replay of the old maid that walked into the PD, and said she'd been raped...40 yrs before.
When asked if she wanted to file a complaint, she said "no, I just want to talk about it"...........:rolleyes:

No insurance on the car? Not registered? And the paint shop has the title?

Crazy...

Why give the guy a title? He doesn't need it for anything. The only thing he would need is on the dash. Secondly even though you weren't planning on driving it, you should have gotten the insurance. Plus who says it couldn't be stolen from your backyard? If the assholes want to steal it they WILL. If they want it they will take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Get an attorney!
Drag this guy to court already !!!!!
Contact the BBB
Make a sign and keep driving around the shop
Post the name of the shop
Get his shop name on any car forum that you can

I can not even imagine someone going this long without doing anything...

Bryan

Who said the shop owner has the title? I didn't see that anywhere.

I read he wouldn't give the keys back, but nothing about having the title, at least not from the car owner.

Am I missing something?

Over a 1000 views. Nothing solved but everyone agrees the OP was silly. Was this just a troll looking to get a rise out of everyone?o_O

Who said the shop owner has the title? I didn't see that anywhere.

I read he wouldn't give the keys back, but nothing about having the title, at least not from the car owner.

Am I missing something?

First sentence in the OP first post.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Back