You can type here any text you want

Gravity Bleeding brakes.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dwayne

Narrow A$$ Racing
Can I gravity bleed the brakes on my TR ?........it seems to me that I was told there was something in the prop. valve that would not allow you to gravity bleed........any suggestions ?

Brakes

You can do it. here's what I do undo the lid on resvoir "DO NOT HIT BRAKE PEDAL" open let some drain make sure when you close it there is no air bubles in it. I prefer the one way bleeders so no air can get in. check fluid leave cover off for a couple days with lid off. and you should be fine.

I have never had any luck with it on any vehicle.
I prefer a vacuum pump.
The link in my sig is what I do.

The rears worked fine. I couldn't get anything from the fronts. While I was replacing the front calipers, I installed the speed bleeders on them. I'm assuming that even with the reservoir full, there is not enough head pressure to overcome the spring in the "check"......make sense ?

Brake Fluid

absorbs water quickly and now u have water in your brake system which starts rust. Do not expose brake fluid to air any longer than u have to

absorbs water quickly and now u have water in your brake system which starts rust. Do not expose brake fluid to air any longer than u have to

Good point, sounds like a even better time to completly flush that 2X year old fluid outta it.

Gravity bleeding is one of those things that works great for some and not at all for others. On my car we replaced both calipers and both wheel cylinders, pads and shoes, drums and rotors, and front brake hoses, opened all the bleeders, topped off the master cylinder a couple of times while it gravity bled for a couple of hours, and I had a great pedal. You only need to keep the plunger from coming out on the proportioning valve if you are pumping the pedal to bleed them.

Back