Grooms and RJC girdle engine trouble.

My girdle had no probs leaking... And it sits flush on the skirt ( - some expansion tolerance). We milled an "oring" groove in the girdle, milled the skirt and caps and just used simple ultra copper sealant... no leaks at all... I did the same on the current build.

disco stu said:
I finally got mine to be completely leak free. :cool: Now my cometics do the leakin'. LOL.

I have used the cometic head gaskets 3 times over with no leaks, you might be leaking from your head studs or if you have part of the gasket in the combustion chamber .......just a thought.

I've got the thick, cork, one-piece, oil pan gasket. I think I saw on the RJC site that they reccomend coating both sides with the Right Stuff sealent. I think thats what I'm going to do. I still have to talk to RJC because I don't understand when I'm supposed to put the sealing washers into the counter bores, after the sealent or before?

bishir said:
That after a core exchange? Sounds like a pretty good price to me. :)

I wish that was the case. It's $3,295 before the $600 core charge. I decided to keep my original engine because I plan to have it rebuilt my tax return funds and stored. If I sell the car, having the original engine might make a difference in the mind of the buyer.

Does it have to be a 109 block core? Is the grooms engine a 109 block? I'm assuming no.

bishir said:
Does it have to be a 109 block core? Is the grooms engine a 109 block? I'm assuming no.

I'm not sure on the core, but the block I received from Grooms has the block number 25526109 on the side.