You can type here any text you want

Grooms and RJC girdle engine trouble.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
My girdle had no probs leaking... And it sits flush on the skirt ( - some expansion tolerance). We milled an "oring" groove in the girdle, milled the skirt and caps and just used simple ultra copper sealant... no leaks at all... I did the same on the current build.

disco stu said:
I finally got mine to be completely leak free. :cool: Now my cometics do the leakin'. LOL.

I have used the cometic head gaskets 3 times over with no leaks, you might be leaking from your head studs or if you have part of the gasket in the combustion chamber .......just a thought.

I've got the thick, cork, one-piece, oil pan gasket. I think I saw on the RJC site that they reccomend coating both sides with the Right Stuff sealent. I think thats what I'm going to do. I still have to talk to RJC because I don't understand when I'm supposed to put the sealing washers into the counter bores, after the sealent or before?

Anybody tell me the price of the grooms level 3? I only see level 2 listed.

bishir said:
That after a core exchange? Sounds like a pretty good price to me. :)

I wish that was the case. It's $3,295 before the $600 core charge. I decided to keep my original engine because I plan to have it rebuilt my tax return funds and stored. If I sell the car, having the original engine might make a difference in the mind of the buyer.

Does it have to be a 109 block core? Is the grooms engine a 109 block? I'm assuming no.

bishir said:
Does it have to be a 109 block core? Is the grooms engine a 109 block? I'm assuming no.

I'm not sure on the core, but the block I received from Grooms has the block number 25526109 on the side.

Back