You can type here any text you want

Grounding Question?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

I have Caspers battery cables. No problems(good cables), I want add an extra ground directly from the bolts on the front bumper support bracket or frame(chasis). Which is better to connect the other end of the ground to, Directly to the battery or on the passenger side sheet metal(fender) by the coolant overflow where I have my secondary battery ground cable? I'm thinking battery...

Last edited:
No problem with sensors or anything really, Just a solid ground to frame, It's inexpensive. I have the stretcher kit(caspers) new in the box(never installed it) but from what I understand all it does from reading is relocate the wiring to the firewall. The engine and trans sits on rubber cushion mounts too

Last edited:
Adding a ground to the frame buys you nothing. There is nothing on the frame that really needs an extra ground. The ground stretcher kit for the engine grounds just moves the grounds on the back of the passenger head to make them more convenient to get at.

Adding a ground to the frame buys you nothing. There is nothing on the frame that really needs an extra ground. The ground stretcher kit for the engine grounds just moves the grounds on the back of the passenger head to make them more convenient to get at.

Agree with this. the reference ground point on our our cars is engine/body. I know Nick Micale has said this multiple times, but the frame was never meant to be a ground point. It is isolated from the engine and from the body and would always be suspect due to potential rust/corrosion. Adding it into the equation has the potential for more ground problems, not less.

Last edited:
I ran a ground from my J-bracket to the crossmember with a small braided ground strap. My idle fuel pressure jumped 4PSI and the car felt much smoother while running. (my supra pump has a redundant ground strap ran to the bumper shock bolt. You can fun the biggest fattest hotwire kit you want and it'll only be as good as the puny factory ground wire without a ground upgrade).

There's a hole on the crossmember just outside of the oil filter that's perfect for a ground strap.

Back