You can type here any text you want

GTA wheel rotation ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GoldHawg

If I understand this right, you must put front GTA wheels on the rear of a GN, and rears on the front w/spacers (unless you are able to find 4 fronts?). So how does tire rotation work? I'm sure this is easy or answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find in an an initial search. I'm trying to decide if I should only purchase GTA front wheels, or if I can get a set, just go ahead and do so.

thx!

Also, forgot to ask. The gold GTA wheels are the same as the blacks, yes?

Thx!

If I understand this right, you must put front GTA wheels on the rear of a GN, and rears on the front w/spacers (unless you are able to find 4 fronts?). So how does tire rotation work? I'm sure this is easy or answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find in an an initial search. I'm trying to decide if I should only purchase GTA front wheels, or if I can get a set, just go ahead and do so.

thx!

You can't rotate the wheels/tires with that setup and yes, the gold GTA's are the same as the black ones, silver ones, grey ones etc. The only difference is some have dimples and some don't depending on the year.

You'd have to swap your lefts with your rights and that's it. So you'd have to go get the remounted and it would be a huge pain in the ass.

So do most people end up going w/all fronts, or do we wear out the rears so fast burning rubber that no one cares about tire rotation? Maybe I just answered my own ?.

i'm going to guess that most of these cars don't really get driven enough for mileage related tire wear to be much of an issue. and of the ones that do get driven a lot, new and better tires every couple of years isn't really a big deal. i don't recall ever seeing a GN with the el-cheap white letter Grand Am or BFG Radial TA radial tires on them like all the Monte SS's i've ever seen on the road, so i'm going to guess that these cars tend to usually get nothing but the best, and when they wear out, they get the best once again..

Back