Guess my gain with Alky.

boostingbuick

Going to be buried in this.
Well my combo changed. I have to take out the 4.1 from detination. My fault, should of gotten out of it and didn't. So I put in a 3.8 girlded, stock 0/0 crank, machined rods, and TRWs. Champion Irons the rest being the same as below. Put down 458/465 to the tires on a dynojet. Its the shops dyno and will have as much dyno time as I want to tune. Now that was at 18 lbs of boost. I am trying a prototype system so I can't say much about other than I should be able to handle more than I can make. I am not changing chips yet. I want the timming the same - 22 degress - and turn up the boost on this turbo. I was thinking to see how much boost I can make before I see some knock. I would think this turbo will get happy above 25 lbs. This is more for me too see if you guess more than what I think, and no I am not telling. :confused:

18lbs and 22° of timing on pump gas?

So your saying your trying a new system, and how much more will you gain if you leave the timing very low on alky and turn the boost up?

Id shoot for 28psi with that low of timing, probably bust the driveshaft in 3 pieces.

75-100 horse gain with alky... your convertor may show different

BW

Yes and Yes. I do have a aftermarket driveshaft. 1350 jounts and Billet yokes, front and rear.

Thank you. I was feeling down after the rollers. I went from below making 550 rwhp on pump gas to this. My plan is to beat that with this thing. Next year the freshened 4.1 with forged crank with BMS rods or I might get some K1's. So I hope to see some real numbers after that.

I was thinking to see how much boost I can make before I see some knock.

I dont think that this is a good idea at all since you will eventually get knock. You should be proactive and not be greedy. Even a little knock at 550hp will do damage. A couple degrees is not ok regardless of what others may say. You should over compensate and add another alky nozzle and or better gas. The dynojet will not be the same as 3rd on the pavement either. The engine will be loaded at least 2x as long on the pavement in the quarter mile which will open it up to more detonation than the dyno pull.