You can type here any text you want

Guy at work hosed by junk car dealer

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scottyb

Spongebob Squarecar
There's this clown at work that kept buying junk for several years, until recently. Were talking the kind of car he'd drive for a year or 2, then sell it to a towing company/junkyard for $50. He comes in today complaining that he "owes" a storage yard $14,000.00 for a car he "sold" 4 years ago! It was never titled again so the state has it in his name still, as well as 4 OTHER CARS! I know it's not really his problem, but now he's stuck with dealing with it. He said he had to pay up $250 so they'd let him get a tag for his newer car. (still don't know where that figure came from)

Just a result of the state beauracracy making laws so that they, and the insurance companies, can steal as much money from you as they can and use the police to enforce their policies.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
Just a result of the state beauracracy making laws so that they, and the insurance companies, can steal as much money from you as they can and use the police to enforce their policies.

How did this come to involve the police? Did they go to his house and say "You owe $14,000 or we'll take your lands!"?

I don't know who you think enforces the laws that the beauracracy makes. That would be the police.......the people with the guns.

If this company can't produce a piece of paper with his signature on it agreeing to pay for STORAGE, then they can't charge him squat...without any documentation, those cars are as good as stolen...

I sold a car a while back and the guy abandoned it and NYC was coming after me for tickets and fees since after two years the guy left it on the street and never registered it ... anyway I went to court with ads from the internet of the guy selling the car and a receipt that I destroyed the plates and they dismissed the tickets

Back