Guy w/ Viper wants a shot!

Gmachine

A guy I work with just got a 00 GTS and has it in the shop already cause he's scared I'm going to put a hurting on him at the track. The thing is we have a 1/8 mile track and I think my consistent 7.50 would be competitive? Any thoughts?

Ryan

Depending on how well he can drive, I think you should pretty competative. I would come out with some slicks for the race, and try to launch the **** out of him out of the hole. Chances are if he is not very familar with the car, we will blow the launch, which is the whole race in an 1/8.

Good Luck, and let us know how it goes.

Ditto the above. Like most of us say here, show up in kill mode only, give him no advantage. If he dont like your slicks too bad, look at the size of his tires. Even a race chip and gas if you can get it.

Good luck, hope you smoke him.

Originally posted by Gmachine
A guy I work with just got a 00 GTS and has it in the shop already cause he's scared I'm going to put a hurting on him at the track. The thing is we have a 1/8 mile track and I think my consistent 7.50 would be competitive? Any thoughts?

Ryan

Tell him to get lost until he's got a fast enough car.
That should get him thinking.:D

Don't even waste the gas on that glamour girl, he's interested in appearance. If he wanted a fast car, he would have made you an offer on yours. ;)

Yeah, he's all about the look. I tried talking him into a Supra, but he wanted something new. The whole time he's been looking I've been talking smack to him and how a simple LS1 with 150 shot will wax his $60K beauty. I know I can walk him with my ET Streets on. At least out of the hole. There's no way that a 6 spd car with that much torque and unexperienced drive can do better than my 1.6 60 ft! I can't wait. I tell how it goes, whenever that is!

Ryan

Originally posted by Gmachine

Ryan

What is he having done to it? With the normal bolt on stuff (filter, exhaust, smooth tubes, etc.) they are good for mid to low 11's in the 1/4 and mid to low 7's in the 1/8th. Without removing the valve covers they can go deep into the 10's in the 1/4. Just depends on what he's spending on it to keep up with you. :)

Unless a Viper Guy KNOWS how to drive and the track has a great prep, the best he can hope for is a High 7 at around 88-90 mph. Most runs will probably be in the low 8's.

Vipers aren't 1/8 mile cars.

That's what I'm thinking, he's not that good at driving it hard and maybe in the 1/4 he'd have me. A good 60 ft in the 1/8 and he's sent home crying!

Ryan

At NED last October they had a Covette vs Viper day. What a bunch of fags those Vipers are. The Viper girly men hung out together polishing their shifters and waiving their credit cars in the air. When the handful that were brave enough to race got to the line, they were made fun of by the anouncer. Most ran in the low 13s to high 12s. One or 2 ran in the 11s. None faster. For sure you'll dust him if he's inexperienced at driving the stick at the track. Toys for little rich boys that don't know dicksquat about cars.

I must have 10 Viper owner stories from guys I've run into, neighbors having Vipers or Viper guys from open road racing.

In only a couple years there will be MORE VIPERS BUILT THAN 1987 GRAND NATIONALS. We had a Buick Club meeting last year at a popular drive-in in Dallas and there were twice as many Vipers as Buicks.

Do you EVER see a Viper at the dragstrip? At an Autocross?

It's a scary thought knowing there is so much power in the hands of so many people that don't know how to use it.

Originally posted by Pronto
At NED last October they had a Covette vs Viper day. What a bunch of fags those Vipers are. The Viper girly men hung out together polishing their shifters and waiving their credit cars in the air.

LOL........that's what I thought. :D

We did a search at work last week to see what they were going for on ebay. It only pulled up about 60 and I bet more than 1/2 had been wrecked! Kind of goes along with the inexperienced driver comment. I guess the finally learned their limit as to how they could control it!

Ryan