Hair line crack in block(sbc)

87buickracer

what can be done to fix a hair line crack in block between cylinders?This motor was being built for all out racing until crack was discovered.I'm thinking of getting this sbc motor and build it to stock application for a daily driver.I will try to post some pictures this week.

hair line crack

It already has $1,00.00 in machine work with billet caps and I can get for $100.00.Will probably have machine shop drill and pin cracked section.

What block is it? Is it a motown or little M? A sportsman block or a production block?

I'm assuming it's either production or sportsman/ bowtie. Take the caps and use another seasoned block......

Have to figure out if it's siamesed or not. You may get away on a production block, but could have major issues on a siamese bore block with coolant. IMHO junk it...... Cept for the caps.......

garbage! There are too many well seasoned blocks out there to use it. If the caps are all billet sure they good and prolly worth more than the block. Not a bad option to grab them......

A 2bolt block with splayed caps would be stronger........

Tough to say if it'll hold. The money spent on pinning or welding a crack you could grab a block from the boneyard for less.

Good luck!