You can type here any text you want

Hand Knurling Crankshaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SNOWBIRD

Has anyone everput a fine knurl on a non knurled crank by hand and have succses in stopping a rear main from leaking....

Give turbolou a call. He has mentioned something to me in the past about it

Mile high crankshaft in Denver has done a few for me. They do excellent work for a good price.

why does the Buick crank need to be knurled? i don't think any other American engine built since the late 60's has had to have the knurl.

Factory came with a rear main rope seal..change to the wedge type is the reason I suspect

After much research the knurling acts as a pump to pump away excess oil from seal ,but from looking at different cranks I have seen all kinds of knurling .....from fine lines that hardy lubricate seal .to deep grooves that the seal will ride on the tip of the lines to lub the seal which I believe is needed,,,know what is the proper way to set a knurl,should seal ride on lines

Dont know where ya live but I have had 2 cranks done by mike who lives in indiana and let me tell ya could never get them to stop B4 went with about 4 different main seals, and now not a drop!!! even after running it @ the track no leak..

contact Lee Thomphon with a pm on here, he will set ya up

Back