Handling issues, Please help!!!!

Thanks Charlie, I replaced all body mounts with poly 3 years ago, but this is the second set of springs ( the factory ones and the Kirban replacement springs ) that did the same thing. The first time there was a 1/2" difference from LR to RR. Hoping a set of Moog springs will be a better choise of spring. Other than the 5379 you recommended is there any other rear springs that has a higher spring rate than stock and still maintain stock ride height,I would like to play around with a few different ones. Thanks again for your help, Kyle.

Wow, glad that something finally worked. If making the sway bar stiffer made a difference it is 100% understeer. Do you have poly swaybar mounts? If so replace them with rubber and that will help a bit. I'd also raise the front tire pressure a bit and lower the rear a bit, just a few pounds, nothing major. Make sure you have full front suspension travel and you don't have oversized bumpstops that limits the travel.

Then get a good alignment and you should be perfect. I'm not positive you need springs yet, charlie is right but I don't think thats the underlying issue.

Wow, glad that something finally worked. If making the sway bar stiffer made a difference it is 100% understeer. Do you have poly swaybar mounts? If so replace them with rubber and that will help a bit. I'd also raise the front tire pressure a bit and lower the rear a bit, just a few pounds, nothing major. Make sure you have full front suspension travel and you don't have oversized bumpstops that limits the travel.

Then get a good alignment and you should be perfect. I'm not positive you need springs yet, charlie is right but I don't think thats the underlying issue.

Dsapper, thanks for your help. What swaybar mounts are you referring to, front or rear and are you talking about the swaybar mounts themselves or the end links. Now does a stiffer swaybar compensate some what for the springs being too soft ? Also I ordered that front swaybar we talked about, it should be here by Friday should I install it or return it. Thanks again, Kyle.

I wouldn't install the new swaybar, we were going on the wrong assumption when I said that. The mounts that hold the swaybar to the frame of the car and the endlinks, if they are poly it makes it stiffer.

Swaybar is just a tuning tool, its to get you the last 5% of the way. With suspension its tires>shocks>springs>swaybar assuming good parts and a good alignment.

Thanks Charlie, I replaced all body mounts with poly 3 years ago, but this is the second set of springs ( the factory ones and the Kirban replacement springs ) that did the same thing. The first time there was a 1/2" difference from LR to RR. Hoping a set of Moog springs will be a better choise of spring. Other than the 5379 you recommended is there any other rear springs that has a higher spring rate than stock and still maintain stock ride height,I would like to play around with a few different ones. Thanks again for your help, Kyle.
Sent you a PM Kyle.:) Don't know of a spring that's got a higher rate and is stock height but I can try the catalog to see if there's one you can use.;)

Rick, I normally set my uppers by leaving the right side loose and adjusting the pinion angle with the left arm only. Then adjusting the right to fit into place. Is this how you would suggest setting the pinion angle as well? I've heard several ideas but this way seems to be the more prevelant responce. Would you agree? I also set my pinion angle referenced off the oil pan flange.

Your method of setting the pinion angle will work if you confirm that both control arms are the same length prior to installing and tightening the mounting bolts. If the arms are not the same length, you could be unknowingly adding pre-load.
If link this works, you'll find useful info here:

PinionAngleforprinting.jpg

When i went from stock heigth ATR rate springs to the 1" drop Eibach sport springs, i hated the ride!, was Way to Soft! When i put the front ATR's back in an left the Eibach's out back it drove like a forklift. I just put all the ATR's back in for now, I'm hunting a set of the same rate as the ATR's but 2" rear drop an only 1" drop in front, my front's lowered an 1" already from the BMR a-arm swapout. Any one know the spring rate of stock height ATR rate springs???

Thanks

Update......Today I finally figured out my handling issue, originally I thought it was a spring issue but it ended up being a swaybar mismatch problem. I tried different spring and swaybar combinations over the years and what worked for my car’s upgraded suspension and frame / body bracing mentioned in post #1 was using the stock front swaybar upgraded with poly greaseable bushings and poly end link bushings with no rear swaybar. I am very pleased with the end results. I am beginning to think because I replaced all the factory body mounts with poly, including the extra GNX mount in the rear, that it stiffened up the chassis to the point that it also controlled some of the body roll. That’s the only thing I can figure. Thank you for all of your help.