You can type here any text you want

handling

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

datant69

i'm interested in trying to find out what i need to get my 87gn to handle alittle better. not looking for ferrari type handling but something that'll give me more comfort at higher speeds. i normally don't really rag the hell out of it but i wanted to know of some ideas to make it handle better. it's great in the straight away but when i hit 80 or more it starts to give me some feedback i don't like so i normally keep it under that. i know it still has that rear sway typebar on it but i'm really wanting it to just drive alittle better. any ideas or suggestions is appreciated. it has weld wheels on it with skinny's in the front and some super wide tires in the back. i was considering going with some different aftermarket rims like some i see on here but wondered if it changed that handling that much.

If you don't have the ability to pick and chose and match various parts (sway bars, springs, control arms, etc)...and it sounds like you don't have that skill, I would suggest looking at Hotchkis. They manufacture front and rear sway bars, upper and lower control arms for the front and rear suspensions, and other items. Look at their web site or look in a Jegs or Summit catalog. It is not cheap BUT it is very high quality and it fits! You may be able to pick up some parts on turbobuick.com. YOu will have to be patient as they don't come up a lot.
Conrad Carter
"Hot Air"

ps...their front upper control arm works with the GM B-car spindle. It has a better camber curve and allows you to use GTA wheels....the front wheels will bolt up the the rear end w/o spacers and the rear wheels will bolt up to the B-car spindles w/o spacers. That will get you 8" wide x 16" diameters wheels for cheap!!

Look for a thread named "how to make a G body handle". Lots of good info in it and get rid of those skinnys. Those things hurt you more than help you at high speeds. If you need some more info PM me for some ideas. I have some extra parts as well and since I'm not to far south of you we might be able to do something about it.

wheels and tires would be a great start. you will see a difference right away.

thanks guys for the info, i'll check it out and figure out which direction i want to go. as for doing anything anytime soon, i won't be doing that anytime this month but will try and pick and choose which i would want. i just want the car to handle better and be more responsive. i know that's asking alot from a car over 20 yrs old but i know there is alot of potential.

Back