You can type here any text you want

Hard or no start with XFI...battery?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MSDGN

If the battery is on it's way out can that cause a hard start or no start situation with XFI?...my battery is 4 years old...car has been sitting for awhile...went to start...turn key...nothing...so put the battery charger on it for a couple days...tried to start...motor spun and would kick but no start...so I hooked the battery charger up again this time on the START setting...car fired up...so I'm thinking I need a new battery and that would fix the no start problem...I thought I remembered reading that if the battery voltage isn't just right the car won't start with XFI...not sure though...

The ignition system doesn't like to fire at all if the voltage drops in the 11's sometimes...

Correct xfi needs good voltage while cranking or it won't even try to start...ses light flash at ya?

No the SES light didn't flash...that's what I was expecting...I'm going to get a new battery anyways since that one is 4 years old...if it doesn't start then I have other troubles...

If you are running 2.0, you may want to adjust the voltage in the 10.0 area where it drops to when cranking. Like others posted, if it drops low enough, it will go into flash mode and never start,

Cal...I looked in XFI but have no idea where to adjust the voltage...can you point me in the right direction

It was the battery...put in a new one and car fired instantly...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    277 KB · Views: 76
Back