Hard start, engine popping, dead

automorph

Drove car today and got on it a little..............car started popping and then died. Pulled over and let it sit. Tried to start again, engine turning over, then starts and just pops (engine shakes bad) and then dies. Gave it some throttle, still just pops. Any suggestions or help??

Thanks

coil pack or ignition module? Just a guess, maybe someone more knowledgable will chime in

It could be coil pack/ Ignition module. But my experience's with those failures usual are not that severe. They tend to fail gradually with backfires, misses, etc. I would suspect a bad cranksensor and/or cam sensor. Mass Air Sensors can also cause similiar problems. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

MAF

I had a bad MAF sensor cause similar symptoms. Try unplugging the maf....and see if it runs somewhat better. If it does....chances are your maf is bad.

I run Maxeffort Mafless system, I guess narrowed it down to cam sensor, coilpack or module, cranksensor............How can I narrow it down even more?

Thanks again

Take a look at the cranksensor, see if its damaged or if the interupter ring is rubbing in the sensors groove. If you can get the car running unplug the cam sensor while its running. If the motor runs better you found the problem. Many members keep an extra "good" coil pack and ingnition module on the shelf or in the trunk.