You can type here any text you want

Hard to start

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jason walker

I change chip in car this week to a turbo tweak chip 5.7 burned for my setup but now car turns over for about 10 seconds before finally firing could it be something else I set all the maf and everything the way Eric said to do any help would be nice ...

do u have a fuel pressure gauge on it? If so make sure its pumping up when u turn the key forward, should run for a couple seconds then be ready to fire up!

buickGN3:16 said:
do u have a fuel pressure gauge on it? If so make sure its pumping up when u turn the key forward, should run for a couple seconds then be ready to fire up!

Yes got one I hear fuel pump but just turns over more than it used to like it not got enough fire

It's not uncommon for these cars to have to crank a while before they start. It's just the nature of the crank and cam sensors.

A chip change shouldn't change that though.

Does it blow smoke after it fires? My car has been doing this for years, driving me crazy. I know some cars crank longer than others but GM would never let a car leave the factory like this. Its not normal.

Dave Dunbar said:
Does it blow smoke after it fires? My car has been doing this for years, driving me crazy. I know some cars crank longer than others but GM would never let a car leave the factory like this. Its not normal.

No smoke I guess I'll just drive it and the heck with it thanks

earlbrown said:
It's not uncommon for these cars to have to crank a while before they start. It's just the nature of the crank and cam sensors.

A chip change shouldn't change that though.

Thanks I runs fine after it cranks just takes longer . Thought maybe the chip changed the timing or something

Also a bad fuel pump relay could cause this.....only getting fuel when oil pressure comes up...

Mine has been doing the same since the new chip but its running better then it ever has before so me personally I just deal with the extra few seconds it takes becuase when it's running it runs great with that chip

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

i tried a caspers chip one time & it was burned for my combo but belonged to someone else, their car ran great with it but my car ran so ruff i had to take it back out. Idled fairly smooth but when i gave it throttle it turned into a north carolina musquiter eater!!! So a chip could possibly cause this but all my eric marshall chips are great.

I agree tt chip is great and if its doing what mine is I doubt there's reason for concern before mine would crank about 2 sec then fire up now it's like 5 to 8 hardly an issue I would think if the op is doing the same I wouldn't really think I that being a issue

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Also a bad fuel pump relay could cause this.....only getting fuel when oil pressure comes up...

x2, also check the circuit from the ECM that powers the relay for 2 seconds prior to oil pressure.

Back