hardened stator

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
Are all hardened stators the same? Is there any to tell? One manufacturer better than another?
Thanks

nothing can be further from the truth .i have bought some from atc awell known trans parts dist in the usa that had been deceptively black oxide coated at the splines and were not heat treated . when i saw the splines wear after 50 miles in the test car ,i ran a file across the teeth and cut the splines right off .these were sold to them by tri components bronx nyb ,so be weary of anything with tricomponent on it .we now get em elsewhere . dont be fooled .i hear theres alot of pretty women in la but they aint women .the moral here is when in doubt ,wip it out . the file ,THAT IS.WWW.CKPERFORMANCE .

I AGREE!!! 100%.......

There are several pieces of crap out there. Like Chris said, oxide coated. Big friggin deal. The Aceomatic ones and the ones from Japan are the cheap ones. The Transtar "hardened" Taiwan ones are about the best as they are deburred and are "induction" hardened. The trained eye would know the difference and if it looks rough and blackish and the splines dont have a sharp edge to it, they are the crap ones. The good ones are very shiny machined surfaces deburred and the splines are blueish, cut well, and inductive hardened.
Like Chris said, Why doubt it? Just order one from any one of us and then you KNOW what you are getting.
But, yes , I agree, there are crap ones out there being passed off as "good". Don't be a sucker.:)

Bruce
WE4

their 13 vane rotors turn to powder if you drop em on the floor hard enuf .............dont buy tri component products unless you got lots of time for do overs / reworx