You can type here any text you want

Has anyone ever put a pte slic on a tta?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

I was wondering if anyone has a PTE stock location intercooler on a TTA. I am thinking about upgrading my intercooler from my stock one with a Duttweiler neck.

tried a V4 one.. very close to the ground.. wouldn't last a week up here with our roads :rolleyes: dunno if Precisions is longer :confused:

I'll probably look into things a little more. There are the chinese made SLIC's that claim they aren't any lower than the stock intercooler scoop. I don't think they have as many rows as the PTE, and the quality probably isn't as good. I hate buying chinese stuff because it's usually crappy quality.

How close was the V4 to the ground? It must have been Dangerously close if you decided not to even try it.

By the way, did you ever sell the Dana 44 rear end that you had for a tta?

ya most of my TTA stuff is gone except for motors and trannys.. although I do find stuff when I am "sorting" junk out :rolleyes: we did drive the car to E Town BUT with no intercooler scoop... put it on down there .. :cool:

I want to be able to just put on a better intercooler without doing a ton of custom work or having something that's going to drag the ground.

Are you moving on to some other platform or getting out of performance cars altogether?

Are you moving on to some other platform or getting out of performance cars altogether?

Not getting out altogether. "maybe" a new Shelby Mustang .. OR maybe when I finish the Mazda Ill love it and just run that . Melissa ran 9.94 @ 138 with THAT motor so it should go "ok" :p I just couldn't justify cutting up a 10,508 mile TTA :eek: .. TTAs were a blast to drive but that was yesterday and yesterdays gone :biggrin: Guess the Buick thing is getting boaring to me so change is good!!

Does that mean your finally going to change your socks too?:D

My MJ 17 row isn't any lower to the ground than a stocker. But I dont' think he is making IC's anymore.

My friend has a Keith Mease SLIC for the TTA - that is simialr to a PTE might want to give him a call.

Back