You can type here any text you want

Has anyone had problems with the draw thru turbo setup ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ALMACK

I am looking to buy a 79 Regal Turbo with the draw thru 4 bbl turbo 3.8. I have heard rumors that a draw thru might cause an explosion if the gas runs thru the turbo and there is a backfire.

Anybody had any problems like this ?

Who you been talking to, a ford guy?;) Nonsense. My car backfired many times before I bought a timing light and timed it after a month of driving it. How much $$ for the car?

lol Funny Question.
That is impossible it can't explode, there is not enough comsumable oxygen for it go go bang. Apparanlly someone out there believes otherwise.

I am looking to buy a 79 Regal Turbo with the draw thru 4 bbl turbo 3.8. I have heard rumors that a draw thru might cause an explosion if the gas runs thru the turbo and there is a backfire.

Anybody had any problems like this ?

Oh wait, they do blow up. You better send it my way;)

Oh wait, they do blow up. You better send it my way;)

You're really trying hard to get a divorce, aren't you Jesse.:eek::biggrin: LOL

The only way the intake could blow up is if you excede the heat/pressure level and I don't think that's possible. You've been a member for a long time and so few posts? Do some reading in the B4Black section and I think you'll get your answer.:biggrin:

I found a rust free 86 for 500. Got shot down. We're out of room:eek: Not allowed to sell her trans am for another regal;)

Thanks everyone for the responses. Sounds good.
I've had a few of the 70-72 GS models, but was interested in this 79 TR I saw.

Back