You can type here any text you want

Has anyone put in Coil Over Kit with Anti Sway Bar???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qws2000

I have a Ridetech Coilover Kit w/ Detroit Anti rollover bar. The instructions come wit a lot of pictures which to me helps.... Is this something a novice should try?

Front or rear? How confident are you in yourself? The front sway bar is basically a bolt in. The rear bar you have to do some measuring and drilling. Not too big a deal just take your time. As for the coilovers , I believe the fronts require you to drill the top shock mount hole in the frame to a slightly bigger size , but disassembling the front suspension can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doin. Can be done with basic tools, but be sure to take proper safety precautions when dealing with the front springs. The rear coilovers I believe are bolt in might have to drill a couple holes for new hardware but def not impossible for a newbie.

The Ridetech instructions DO tell you to drill out the upper front shock hole out to 3/4" Only because their front coil over has a lower Delrin ball that has a sleeve that slides into the upper hole. The upper shock mounting stem DOES fit through without any drilling. I miss understood what you meant at first.

The front & Rear DSE sway bars should not effect the Ridetech coil overs at all... I just installed the Ridetech coil overs on my car which already had the DSE sway bars and there were no issues at all.

If you have any questions regarding the install, please give us a call, we would be glad to help you out.

Thanks Scott, I love the way it looks, and what a noticeable difference in weight.. Everyone said you were the guy to call when it was time to buy

Thanks Scott, I love the way it looks, and what a noticeable difference in weight.. Everyone said you were the guy to call when it was time to buy

If you have access to knowledgeable people with experience doing suspension work, i would strongly recommend having them install it.

I swear that when I talked to ride tech they had told me that you need to drill the frame in the front. But I wasn't positive. My bad. Hope to be doing this set up within the next year my self.

I swear that when I talked to ride tech they had told me that you need to drill the frame in the front. But I wasn't positive. My bad. Hope to be doing this set up within the next year my self.
Well now I can tell I have been looking at this computer screen WAY too long doing this write up.... LOL I miss understood you but the Instructions Do tell you to drill the front upper shock mount hole out to 3/4". This is only for the lower Delrin ball sleeve to fit into the 3/4" hole. I got confused cause the upper shock mounting shaft Will fit without drilling... Geeze time for bed..

PS: Check out my detailed install of the Ridetech "Tru-Turn" and their single adjustable coil overs. Click Here--> http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/ridetech-g-body-tru-turn-coil-over-install.397417/

Well ok Scott I trust you, I just took the tires off and put the car up on stands all ready for tomorrow... This is really going to be funny, I am going to take pictures step by step if any one is interested?? AL

Well ok Scott I trust you, I just took the tires off and put the car up on stands all ready for tomorrow... This is really going to be funny, I am going to take pictures step by step if any one is interested?? AL
Al,

It's real striaght forward and pretty simple once you get going, If you have any questions don't hesitate to call...
Now it's clear I need some sleep, WAY too many hours staring at this computer.......

Well ok it is almost a week and I have tried to do this upgrade by myself.... In a weeks time I have taken the shocks off, and that took about 20hrs... I Can Not for the life of me get the stock springs off.... The car is stock and has a stock sway bar, so I figure why take off the sway bar, I will just remove the lower arms... I didn't know you needed to support the Rear or it will turn and yank off the Drive shaft. I am completely over my head and know it... I also dnt see how that bottom bracket (Ridetech) for new shock fits in I tried for many hrs.... just an update maybe a little Help

Well ok it is almost a week and I have tried to do this upgrade by myself.... In a weeks time I have taken the shocks off, and that took about 20hrs... I Can Not for the life of me get the stock springs off.... The car is stock and has a stock sway bar, so I figure why take off the sway bar, I will just remove the lower arms... I didn't know you needed to support the Rear or it will turn and yank off the Drive shaft. I am completely over my head and know it... I also dnt see how that bottom bracket (Ridetech) for new shock fits in I tried for many hrs.... just an update maybe a little Help
On the RT lower shock bracket, once you have the shocks off you need to take the lower shock mounting stud off where the old factory shock went to, once that is off then you will need to take the bottom bolt out of that lower control arm that is right there, then the RT lower shock bracket will go on (you should see where it will mount up now), put the lower control arm bolt back in, then silde one of the supplied bolts from the RT rear shock kit into the hole where the old factory lower shock stud was, tighten everything up real good and your lower coil over brackets are installed.

You can call us anytime and we would be more than happy to go over things with you, it's much easier over the phone than typing...

Scott, I think I have the wrong brackets that hold the rear shocks to the bottom of the axel?? the pic in the packet dsnt look like what I have.... I have a big tail piesce on mine?????

Scott, I think I have the wrong brackets that hold the rear shocks to the bottom of the axel?? the pic in the packet dsnt look like what I have.... I have a big tail piesce on mine?????

Does it look like this?

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1372956115.099540.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Its hot and I cant these brackets to mount up 011.JPG someone please tell me why!!!!!! Kid if you put it like yours that long piece hits the Drum..... I wish I could trust someone with my car so I would not have to do this shit.

Back