You can type here any text you want

Hatch trim - riveted on?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hardway

I noticed something on my TTA that I have not seen before on any of the 3rd Gen F-bodys I have owned in the past. The plastic interior trim piece that is attached to the hatch, it has the 6 phillips head screws that hold it on at the back but had 2 rivets holding it on at the front in the middle. The rivets appear to be factory as they look aged and very clean, not done with a hand held rivet gun. Can anyone check their TTA and see if it is the same way on yours? Thanks!

Do the rivets attach a backing plate for the inserts of the roll up security screen ?

Yes I believe so. I will take another look at it tonight but I am pretty sure that is what they go in to.

I can confirm that the rivets hold on a metal backing piece to support the rear shade. To remove the trim piece - remove the screws along the rear edge, pul down slightly, then push forward toward the front of the car. There is a lip along the glass that holds that end in place.

Ah, that would have been good to know when I was putting my new rear spoiler on and dealing with the third brake light wiring. Good to know!

Back