You can type here any text you want

Have SII block -- What's next?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

aquickv6

I finally have a virgin 4.1 BMS Stage II block. How do I detrmine the wide or narrow crank journal? What are the options for the crank and rods. Due to the price of these parts it's going to be one piece at a time. The oil pump pick up is not present in the block. Thaks for info on parts availability and pricing.

The crank determines whether it's a wide or narrow journal.
Pick whatever crank you want. They all should fit.
You will probably need to run an external pickup.

I know what you mean about the one piece at a time thing, these parts aren't cheap. I was lucky to get basically a whole oncenter 153 motor with the backhalf car I bought, so parts hunting isn't really an issue.... what block is yours? Good luck with your buildup.

I had 15k in parts before I switched plans and bought a completed Stage car. :cool:

Good luck a long expensive road. ;)

I'm not sure of the casting number off hand, but it's a Buick Motor Sports 4.1 with the steel caps and studs. All heads bolt holes are present and it's off center. I guess I will look for a 3.625 crank and start there. Aftert he short block is fininshed, crank, rods, pistons, and machine work, can't I use most of my 109 stuff?

can't I use most of my 109 stuff?

It depends on how wild you want to go. I ended up buying a BG Intake, 70mm TBI, GN1R Heads, Front Mount, crank, rods, custom pistons, 83lbs injectors, dutt oil system, oil pan, the list goes on. It is not cheap and you will see you will want the best of everything which kills the using of your 109 parts. IMO:cool:

Back