You can type here any text you want

head and intake no match ,what i need to do

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tybob

hi i post for a freind,he buy a stage 11 on center engine and the head is port by champion that have 2" hole but the intake have 2 1/4 hole like the gascket......he what to know what is the best ,port bigger the head or put some epoxy on hte intake to matck the head......i buy the engine from harper but harper look like thay dont know what is the best to do it :rolleyes: and also i try to buy atr on center headers 4 bolt if somebody have this for sale thanks bob :D

you'll want to port the intake,If thoes are the Chapman heads that he had don't touch them they are perfect PLEASE DONT MESS WITH THEM.If your having trouble finding a intake or a class A porter to port the intake let me know.Take Care,AL

hi the probleme is the intake runner hole(2 1/4),thay are more big then the runner hole of the head(2") .....did we need to reduce the intake hole whit epoxy to match the head......or over port the head :confused:

I would take the intake to a good local welder and have them build up the intake ports ever so slightly and then re-port the intake. Epoxy is great, but it has to be redone fairly often and if you don't know what you are doing, it will never stay put in the intake. If the epoxy comes out of the inatke it can reak havvock on internal engine parts. Drew

hi drew, i am pretty sure we gona send the intake to reweld,but it is beter then report the head,what is the size for a unported stage2 on center intake and head port.

I wouldn't touch the heads, and I wouldn't screw around with the intake, either. Why not go to eBay and get another S2 intake - they're pretty cheap.

Back