You can type here any text you want

Head bolts and Heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Do the felpro's need any sealant? By the way thank you all for helping educate me! Julio especially you, I really must be running your patience short! I just like to know all options and why people suggest what. At least the next time some guy thinks about doing heads on a perfectly fine car he'll see all of this!!

Razor said:
And careful on tuning when you start cranking on the boost rod. Very very easy to burn a hole into a piston.HTH

Razor..Good advise, I think a LOT of folks don't Realize that we DO NOT have the same Pistons as the Buicks...in fact ours are NOT Forged Pistons..I
seem to recall that thier Hypers???

The stock tta pistons are some tough sumbitches.. times in my sig are on stockers.. but that doesnt stop you from hurting them.

Go to autozone and get the PT9441 gaskets.. and install them 100% dry and oil free.. use can's of brakecleaner and razor blades to get the surfaces 120% sanitary.. Loc-tite 567 thread sealant on the threads of the head bolts. I use assembly lube ARP on the head bolt washers.

Tap all bolt holes so when you install the new ones... they dont have crud on the threads.

Clean, flat surfaces are the key to get them to work.

Back