head bolts

gn powered s-10

where can you buy ARP head bolts for an 84 GN? the ones for 85-87 are too long.. i tried a set from anderson perf. i am going to have to get him to order me a set if no one knows any place else local to baltimore to get them

chris

are all of them too long, or just 4 ?

reason i ask, 84-87 heads are all the same, so it may have been that you recieved some wrong head bolts, or just not setting them up right???

BW

ok the 2 long ones were about 1/8 inch too long and the 4 outside the valve cover on the bottom were also 1/8 too long but the 2 outer ones next to the 2 long middle ones fit fine? anyway i talked to mr. bill at anderson performance and he said the blocks were different some how 84-dn than 85-up but anyway i think i am just going to get him to order them.

i thought they all would be the same also but even the ARP box said 85-87 i say that after they didnt fit :confused:

84 head bolts

when i ordered my 84 ARP head bolts through PAW, i had to order them as stage 1 bolts. At least that's what they're labeled. They fit perfectly.

part number

the arp part number is 123-3601 for 6pt. , and 123-3701 for 12pt. bolt heads. the are listed as v6 stage 1 '77-'85.

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
are all of them too long, or just 4 ?

reason i ask, 84-87 heads are all the same, so it may have been that you recieved some wrong head bolts, or just not setting them up right???
BW

Heads are the same but not the blocks. The 84-5 blocks use a shorter set for those years and the stage blocks.