You can type here any text you want

Head Gasket Difference for Hot air to Intercooled

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LAMMONS0003

Guys my nightmare car continues. The drivers side exhaust is almost twice the temp of the passengers side. All three cylinders are within 5 degrees of each other on both sides, just lot hotter on drivers side. The car is an 84 t type. gonna run the block and head casting to make sure engine and heads are 84 also. Is there a difference in head gaskets per year 231ci and does turbo or natural aspirated differ? I also have checked and i dont seem to have any exhaust leaks on that side. Cant find a intake leak on that side also.
Any help or suggestions would be great.

difference

84-85 used a steel shim head gasket--.018 thick compressed
On the 86-87 they dropped the deck height and used a .060 compressed head gasket.
The Felpro 1000 is .040

Are you sure all the injectors are working? Check the injector harness. Pull the plugs and diagnose from there. Sounds as if the drivers side is seriously lean. Good luck

Bryan

thanks guys, passenger side plugs were wet wit fuel and drivers side looked normal. I have since pulled cam and measured it i had three or four lobes starting to go flat. anyone ever heard of an exhaust lobe goin flat not gettn all the heat out of the head?

Back