head gasket

Yes.. I use the Felpro 9441PT and ARP or new TTYL bolts. Johnsperformance.com carries the ARP bolts.

I also use locktite 567 on the threads, with ARP lube on the washers. With the ARP bolts to use the washers will require notching the headers.

HTH

Originally posted by Razor
Yes.. I use the Felpro 9441PT and ARP or new TTYL bolts. Johnsperformance.com carries the ARP bolts.

I also use locktite 567 on the threads, with ARP lube on the washers. With the ARP bolts to use the washers will require notching the headers.

HTH

Actually if you delete the 3 washers on each side that correspond to the header bolts, the headers will fit just fine with no modifications. Make sure you use plenty of lube under the head on those bolts though. I have seen it done both ways and you would have to grind the headers so far that it would partially go into the bolt hole or else you won't be able to line the lower header bolts up correctly and may end up crossthreading the bolts. You also have to grind the header stud washers so they don't contact the headbolts. Not alot of room there.

I am planning on doing a writeup on the TTA headgasket change with engine in the car and leaving the intake in place (actually you lift it about an inch but you don't have to disconnect all the wiring). I have done it enough times on my own car and now another TTA that I have it down to a science and know all the little tips and tricks to make the job go alot smoother.

So what happened? Why are you changing the HG's??

Great Idea!

A step by step description about changing TTA head gaskets would be valuable to all of us (except RAZOR ;) ). When you post it here, we'll link it to the TTA FAQ list for posterity :)

God damn PO ARP $h1T!!! Because of them, I almost cut my finger. It sure looked like the header on the PS would fit..... but NO!!! And there was the turbo-side of the header.... ARGH!!!

:mad:

The funny thing is, that the DS fitted right in. Oh, I wished I had more patience some times :(

Originally posted by Lunkan
God damn PO ARP $h1T!!! Because of them, I almost cut my finger. It sure looked like the header on the PS would fit..... but NO!!! And there was the turbo-side of the header.... ARGH!!!

:mad:

The funny thing is, that the DS fitted right in. Oh, I wished I had more patience some times :(

I feel for you! :(

A pic of Lunkan trying to get the header to fit on passenger side.

http://www.tacs.nu/forum/download.php?id=2403

hehe, that´s how it goes when You´re not patient enough. Sometimes I just feel for blowing up stuff that looks american :rolleyes:

But today, I took out my cutting tool, so now that POS fits :mad:

Re: Great Idea!

Originally posted by lburou
A step by step description about changing TTA head gaskets would be valuable to all of us (except RAZOR ;) ). When you post it here, we'll link it to the TTA FAQ list for posterity :)
Well since I have alot of pics to post with it (to be a whole lot clearer) I will have to cross post it from another website with a TTA section that needs more TTA info anyways.