You can type here any text you want

Head Stud removal order

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

I want to make an easy thread that people can search for when it comes to head stud/bolt removal order in order to minimize the possibility of warping heads.

Can anyone please tell me when undoing head stud do you start at the last bolt (during the tightening sequence) and work your way back to 1.

I know this is a simple question, but I can't remember for the life of me.

Adrian

if you want to be anal you would have to reverse install and that means to back each bolt off in 10lb increments in reverse order
better theory would be ..remove all bottoms and then the shorter outer ones under valve cover then the longer inners
reality ....start anywhere and zip them out

IME everytime the irons on our cars are pulled after being torqued it will always be out of flat/square .002-.004. Don't worry with sequence removal

If you want to be anal (giggity) about it just work from the outside in when removing. When torquing down, work from the inside out.

IME everytime the irons on our cars are pulled after being torqued it will always be out of flat/square .002-.004. Don't worry with sequence removal

I agree with Jason and do not know why it would make any difference whatever removal sequence you follow? :confused:

Back