You can type here any text you want

Head Studs for TA heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
Is there an ARP part number for TA SE head studs for a stage 2 block (14 studs/ side)? I see from searching that they take a different part number than the Champions do. Or is this a part that can only come from TA? I have a few summit gift cards that I would like to use, otherwise I would just buy them from TA.

I can measure the set I have, or call Mike at TA, he might tell you? The ones I got from TA didn;t work with the Block I was building. The center two long ones were too long and interfered with the rocker stand. I ended up using ARP bolts in those two locations on each side, 'cause that's what I had in the shop. All of the studs under the rocker stands on that combo hit the underside of the stands. I eneded up machining the recess deeper. Just measure the length you need at each location and call APR, but I don;t think there is a kit that will work? You can call ARP and ask. Seems like every part for a 700+ HP engine (regardless of brand) needs some sort of tweaking. The oil pump adaptor (external feed one) needed ALOT of tweeking to make work. I'm sure Mike has that sorted out now.

I called arp and they don't have a part number, it's a TA only item. I'll just buy a set from TA. I've got these summit gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, but all the remaining small parts I need for my motor build can't come from summit.

I used the TA kit for mine, and like Turbofabricator, I also had some interference (small) between head stud and the TA rocker stand. I chose to deepen the counterbore of the rocker stand a few thousandths to gain clearance. I agree, everything seems to need some tweaking so make sure to test fit everything and check closely.

Back