You can type here any text you want

Header Bolts/ Where to buy?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

Anyone know where I can get a set of header bolts that will still allow me to use the brackets (oil tube, intercooler bracket)? I am guessing the some stock replacement set will only work.

TIA,

Studs?

Will studs work? 7/16-16 I think are the dimensions and thread pitch?

I am curious to know if you could order them to length and double nut it?

I used grade 8 bolts from Home Depot. Just have to get the correct length but you should be able to compare them to the old bolts.

bolts

If you want stainless bolts call Totally Stainless they carry any stainless you want including ARP Metric and SAE in any length I have all SS bolts in my motor and body from them plus its easy to get a discount from them

Rusty bolts suck

Will studs work? 7/16-16 I think are the dimensions and thread pitch?

I am curious to know if you could order them to length and double nut it?

Nope... metric: M8 x 1.25 - yep, get studs/nuts, you can get 'em at Ace Hardware.... at least at MY Ace... :smile: Not sure exact length.... they carry them in several lengths, though..... brackets, etc. go on top of the 1st nut holding the header on, then are nutted on top.... ie... header, nut, bracket, nut..... for both the alt bkt, and the dipstick tube....

Nope... metric: M8 x 1.25 - yep, get studs/nuts, you can get 'em at Ace Hardware.... at least at MY Ace... :smile: Not sure exact length.... they carry them in several lengths, though..... brackets, etc. go on top of the 1st nut holding the header on, then are nutted on top.... ie... header, nut, bracket, nut..... for both the alt bkt, and the dipstick tube....

thought they were std 3/8-16....hmmmm.... but yeah to do it right for 2 [i think of'em you will need to stud and double nut [if goin aftermarket] HTH

hmmmm... you guys using the bottom AC bracket that goes on the bottom bolt on #1 :confused:

hmmmm... you guys using the bottom AC bracket that goes on the bottom bolt on #1 :confused:

Yes I am. If you are talking about that little 'L' bracket that is notched out. I would have to look again but all I know is that I put the brackets back on the way they were supposed (I used my other car as a reference:smile:).

Thanks for the replies guys. I am pulling my headers off and I wanted to replace the old ones, preferably with stainless.

Totally Stainless

contact number for Totally Stainless is 800-767-4781 if you are interested.

Call Brian at GbodyParts...I'm sure he has a ton of those OEM bolts used...

Back