You can type here any text you want

header fix !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
Recently I started paying attention to some of the after market header construction & and was not impressed. The passenger side on the one illustrated had a sizeable blockage on two of the pipes that merge together where you cant easily see. That involved using a hole saw cutting two holes in order to to have excess and be able to blend the pipes where they are welded to gather. I discovered the problem using a bore scope.

Attachments

• IMG_0411 (1).jpg
    IMG_0411 (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
I noticed that too... I have a set that I bought a while ago and wasn't impressed at all with the merged tubing on the passenger side... I planned to try and use a long carbide bit to grind it down and smooth it out but don't know if that would work.... I was trying to avoid cutting a port to do the work because of my inability to weld.... it really sucks that they look great until you take a better look. I wonder how many people are running them as is and how they compare to the originals and the 'name brand' variation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The ones in question were bought off e-bay that a customer had on his GN that ran poorly.The were T/A knock offs

The ones I have are the SE style / TA style bought from a well known vendor - like mentioned they look nice sitting on the shelf. But I wouldn't install them without cleaning them up.

I noticed that too... I have a set that I bought a while ago and wasn't impressed at all with the merged tubing on the passenger side... I planned to try and use a long carbide bit to grind it down and smooth it out but don't know if that would work.... I was trying to avoid cutting a port to do the work because of my inability to weld.... it really sucks that they look great until you take a better look. I wonder how many people are running them as is and how they compare to the originals and the 'name brand' variation.

If you don't correct the problem the stock ones would have to have more efficient flow .

Seems this is a common issue.........Such problems have been posted some yrs back.
Cheap crap...

Properly installing a set of aftermarket manifolds properly is a time consuming process. They sure as heck never fit like stock. I doubt any of them show any power over stock in 99.9% of applications either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don Cruz had a SS set built (flanges are SS too cuz I lived on the saltwater in FL) for me a few years ago, they are awesome. I got tired of my stockers cracking at the crossover when I overtightened them and generally leaking.

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

Back