You can type here any text you want

header gasket part number?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Anyone have the part numbers for header gaskets for the TTA's?
I'd like to find some metal gaskets if possible, looks like my paper Felpro gasket is leaking on the passenger side....damn the luck, what a PITA to get that header off!! TIA

Contact atrperformance.com They have copper gaskets. The partnumber is TA555 and they´re $29.95 for a set of 6 individual units. I´ve just ordered a set, I blew my gaskets for the third time in less than a year :mad:

/Andreas

I went to the site and could not find the gaskets??? I may end up having to call them in person. Thanks!

BTW, I wonder how much of a PITA it's going to be trying to keep 3 individual gaskets lined up when putting the header back on:(
I might copper coat them on there so they stay in place.

I got mine from Napa forgot the year but they're stock gaskets from a bonneville. Might wanna take a straight edge and see if they're warped and that's why they're blowing

Originally posted by turbov6joe
I went to the site and could not find the gaskets??? I may end up having to call them in person. Thanks!

I emailed them and asked if they had, and got that back. I´ve found there´s lots of stuff they have, but not presents on the web.

/Andreas

Convertible Z,
This might sound stupid, but the gasket #'s you gave me are for a TTA and not a TR...correct? I went to Felpros's web site and it gave me both MS90508 and MS93046 as good numbers for the TTA, the last of which looking like a paper gasket but more like the shape I thought I needed???

get the the one i mentioned #ms93046. Guarante its the one u want. Its the one I use. it has the metal in between the paper.

Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure it was the right one. First time I had the motor apart the local autoparts store swore up and down they gave me the right gaskets....NOT! I got all the way back home and found that they were for the GN not the TTA headers...I was pissed! The last time I had the motor apart I took the header with me and sure enough they ordered me the wrong gasket again. I quit ordering gaskets for the TTA and started ordering them for a Lesabre or some car like that.

Thanks for the pics, they look exactly how I pictureded them to be. One question, are they not going to be a royal PITA to put on? I cannot understand why they opted to make them 6 individual gaskets???

Hi Joe, thought I'd chime in on this one. Using gaskets of any sort, specially the solid copper ones move the header and the downpipe that much closer to the frame where clearance on our cars is at a premium. Also it ads that much distance (2X the gasket thickness) the crossover pipe needs to be expanded for in some cases.

I like to use "Brush-on" Coppercoat made by permatex, your left with the right amount of copper to fill in all the inconsistancies and pipe clearances don't get changed. The PN is 101H and it never blows out.

Good to hear from ya John! I agree with ya that the best case senario is no gaskets at all. They didn't come with em from the factory, but then again, did the factory plan on so much flange warpage??? I use and like the liquid copper coat, matter of fact I use it on about everything that I want to seal that gets hot. I may just try and use the copper coat exclusively and see what happens....just a PITA to only find out it didn't seal enough!
As a side note about copper coat. I found out the hard way that one must make 100% certain that they shake/mix that stuff up REAL good or there isn't enough copper to coat anything.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
Good to hear from ya John! I agree with ya that the best case senario is no gaskets at all. They didn't come with em from the factory, but then again, did the factory plan on so much flange warpage??? I use and like the liquid copper coat, matter of fact I use it on about everything that I want to seal that gets hot. I may just try and use the copper coat exclusively and see what happens....just a PITA to only find out it didn't seal enough!
As a side note about copper coat. I found out the hard way that one must make 100% certain that they shake/mix that stuff up REAL good or there isn't enough copper to coat anything.

Joe,

I see in your sig that you are a member of the GSCA. They have header gaskets for the TTA made of graphoil, basically the same material the stock head gaskets are made of. John is, of course, right, they do move your headers out a bit and will take a liitle manipulating of the cross over but, they seal great and are reusable. I have used them for some time now because of how well they seal, also, heat does not effect them like it does copper. Well, just another point of view.

Back