You can type here any text you want

Header interferes with steering shaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UncleDave

In the Booster Seat
I have the TA Performance Stock Replacement Headers, and the driver's side header is interfering with the collar on the joint on the steering shaft. The apex of the bend in the #5 tube aligns exactly with the collar and is causing it to rub. I need to move the shaft slightly up and to toward the driver's side. If I loosen the steering column-to-firewall bolts, how much should I be able to adjust the column?

Thx,
Dave

Motor mounts are stock, and were (supposedly) were replaced about 70k miles ago. So, probably worn enough to cause issues? Should I replace with new stockers, or any recommendations?

Thanks guys.

^^^^ H&R poly engine mounts ftw:wink:

Yup, should have done this from the get go. 70k on stock mounts, those things have to be mush by now. I recommend both sides so the motor sits level. Take pics of the interference problem so we can see. Might make it even worse with new mounts????

Yes, now I know... :redface: The old ones 'looked' OK, apparently they're not. I learned my lesson!

Eyeballing it, the motor doesn't appear to sit exactly level now; I bet there's slop in the old mounts. Is it possible that it's not centered exactly as it should be either?

I was able to shift the column over a smidge, just enough to eliminate the rubbing, but I will definitely be getting new mounts.

Thanks.

Back