You can type here any text you want

Headers... again.... with poll

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which headers to make?

• Total voters

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
Shane and I have been talking about finally pulling the trigger on a new header design for the Turbo Regals. I want to do something more race oriented, specifically targeting cars that run 10.00 or quicker. I think once youre going that fast, the stock 1.5 primaries are slowing you down. Thats been proven on our dyno even with a car slightly slower.

Now here's the rub.. we're only going to do one setup. I'm thinking 4 bolt with the turbo forward facing and a 3.5 or 4 inch V Band downpipe, Most likely we'll make the downpipe clear the AC box even tho most people wont care.

Im hoping we can do the whole thing with downpipe for around $1200 in mild steel. We wont be able to use the super nice collectors for that and we will have to have them built elsewhere (Still in the USA).

All headers will have the crossover coming around the front.

So, what do you guys think? All comments are welcome.

Since most guys are using stock orienated headers, I would just make the headers with bigger primaries. Forget about forward facing headers, those are custom.

Offer 3 and 4 bolt turbo flanges.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Headers

When are you planning on pulling the trigger? Can a single set of these headers be purchased now at that price?

When are you planning on pulling the trigger? Can a single set of these headers be purchased now at that price?

I could probably do a set for close to that price without downpipe but no, I can't do a complete set with downpipe for that price. We still build them by hand with no jig on a car so it's pretty time consuming.

Jay

Make the headers so the turbo is in the stock location. Most of the fast guys are using TA headers anyway. Just make the primaries larger diameter. By doing this, the guys/gals can reuse their DP and wastegate.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Back