You can type here any text you want

Heading to GS Nationals I-65 off 94 detour

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GSX-PKV

Just a heads up to anyone heading to Bowling Green taking I94 to I65 South. On southbound I94 the I65 South exit ramp to I65 is closed due to construction and will be closed for a year. There are detour signs posted but it is a screwy set-up so check your maps and plan a good way to get to I65 which is OK south of US 30 in Indiana. I'm still trying to figure out the best way myself.:confused:

. On southbound I94 the I65 South exit ramp to I65 is closed due to construction and will be closed for a year.

I94 is an east west highway so there isn't a southbound I-94. According to the construction website Restrictions & Detours
the ramp from EB I-80/94 to SB I-65 is open. But WB I-80/94 can't get to I-65. The link above gives suggested alternate routes. It also looks like I-65 is closed where it crosses I-80/94 so you can't come south on I-65 from the Tristate Tollway or the Indiana Toll Road.

Here's a map showing closures and suggested alternate routes http://www.in.gov/indot/div/projects/borman/images/I-80-65DetourRoutes.pdf

HTH
David
87GN

West Bound (even though it says south??? on my compass in my mirror when approaching the construction area) on 94 coming down from Michigan could be a problem. I plan on exiting at 421 in Michigan City and taking that south meeting up with I65 in Lafayette. It's a direct route and has stop lights but it's more direct so time-wise it could be the same.

Great help Guys, more questions please read

I am coming from Wisconsin, used google for directions below

616 miles, 10 hours, ick, sounds worse than a job, getting through chicago

Hwy 41 to Hwy 94 South through Chicago/Gary around lake michigan, to I90 Indianna East West, exit 17 for a paper clip loop around to get to I65 South to/past Lafayette, I 65 south through Indy, past Louisville, onto BG, Ky 42101

other routes to take

is it easier to avoid the area and take 94 to 394 and then take hwy 30 west to 65 south, wondering???

is it easier to avoid the area and take 94 to 394 and then take hwy 30 west to 65 south, wondering???

Hwy 30 works but it does have a ton of stoplights.

My wife's family is from Indiana so I do the I-80/94 to I65 quite often. First thing is to turn on AM 780 WBBM when you are getting into chicago. They have traffic and weather report on the 8's and can save you getting stuck in traffic if you know the names of the Highways around Chicago. If you take I-94 through Chicago, you would be on the Edens, Dan Ryan, and Bishop Ford Hwys then I80/94 is the Borman.

Another option is to take 394 just over 9 mile south of I-80/94 then turn left onto E Exchange road (if you miss Exchange you can take the next road Burville its 1/2 mile further down I394, burville runs into Exchange) go east about 4.5 miles turn right onto White Oak Ave. Go south 1 mile turn left onto Hwy 231. take 231 east about 9 miles to I-65.

I've also taken Hwy 41 south from I-94 to hwy 30. Several years ago while going to indiana I saw a nice drive in on Hwy 41 that had a lot of classic cars in the lot on a Friday night.

I also took Hwy 6 (ridge road) From I-65 east to Cline Ave and then Cline north to I-80/94 on the way back from Indiana last year. Hwy 6 appears to be a poorer part of two but isn't a bad as HWY 30 is west of I-394.

HTH
David

Brett if I were you I would avoid Chicago altogether. Just come down 39 through Rockford than to Bloomington and over to Indy. More miles but less headaches. Just a thought...

Thank You for the help...

I am coming from Green Bay, so Hwy 41 is in Wisconsin...

More Miles r not the problem, I can leave early, Saturday and come back the following week after GS Nats.. just me in the jeep, no trailer...

Back