You can type here any text you want

Headlight Springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mr84ss

Whats going on family? Im installing hid lights on my gn. The aftermarket bulb housing is thicker than the original one do my question is how do I put the spring back on the headlight bucket? I pull it and it keeps popping off. I been chasing the spring around my garage for a couple hours lol. Thanks in advance for your help

hey there..did you ever sort this problem out as I am having the same issue?

Yes. I went to harbor freight and picked up some tools with a hook on the end. Made life really simple

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

My car has been apart for a few years now and is finally going back together..I bought the H4 headlight kit from Kirban which also uses a thicker bulb housing.....I can't figure out how the spring gets installed on the headlight bucket and where it attaches to the header panel...The headlight cup or buckets I had powder coated so I'm not sure if there is/was a hole for the spring to grab onto....are you able to explain this or is a photo a possibility? ..thx for your time

theres two slots in bottom corner of each headlamp opening near the center rib
slide spring in with hook facing up and the tail come back out of the other slot , there was also a little plastic clip that gets slid in the back between spring and header after the spring is in place

stick housing in opening ..tilt housing out a little at bottom and slide housing into top adjuster screw slot then rotate up while sliding into side adjuster slot
with housing in take a hook ( a hose saver tool works great) and pull the spring forward and hook it onto the dimple on the face of housing ,,its so simple a monkey could do it in the dark

as for the bulbs being thicker causing issue with the spring ..absolute hogwash , the bulb can not change the way the housing sits in the header panel.. end of discussion on this
if the bulb is thicker it could only change the way the outer ring with the four screws sits

Last edited:
Back