You can type here any text you want

Headlights wont go down

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
My headlights go up fine but wont go down. If I push really hard on the lower portion of the switch I can hear some noise coming from the headlight area.

Ryan

Were is the relay located?

Also, I see you have a turbonetics turbo. Which one is it and what converter are you using?

Ryan,

This happened with mine. I took apart the switch and cleaned
the contacts, they work great now. Might want to give that a try first.

No you have to take instrument cover off and the switch is behind that .Been a long time since I've been in there but it should be screwed in together with the dimmer for your dash lights.

I had the same problem. If you push hard on the switch in the off position the lights would go down. I replaced the switch and all is well.

You need to remove the instrument bezel to access the switch. It's a very easy job. The switch assembly is still available through GM. If your parts man can't find it, let me know and I'll dig up the part number.

Good Luck:)

Does the instrument cover pop off like the GNs. Dont see any screws. When I got the car, the owner told me you have to push hard on the right side of the switch. If I push any harder, I'll put my finger through the dash.

It's screwed in as well.Look under the lip of the dash and down under the bottom of the cover.It should be easy to figure out from there.

Back