You can type here any text you want

Headliner droop - correct color for replacement?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
What is the correct color for the headliner in a 1987 Buick Grand National? Finally got the dreaded droop. Want to do the ABS headliners but what color gray is the material?

I think Paul (Stage1GN) put one in his car. He would know.
Allan G.

Hi Mark, I snap a couple of pictures of the box that I received and installed the ABS Headliner from Highway Stars
The color looks very close to the original headliner and maybe one day I will repair my original headliner.

Attachments

• GN T-Top Info.jpg
    GN T-Top Info.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 221
  • GN T-Top Info Address.jpg
    GN T-Top Info Address.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Headliner 2.jpg
    Headliner 2.jpg
    930.7 KB · Views: 223
  • Headliner 1.jpg
    Headliner 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Is the ABS headliner actually colored plastic or is it plastic with cloth over top of it? I replaced mine with an aftermarket cloth over plastic and you would never know. The color match to seats and door panels is perfect.

the abs is the backer , replacing the foam you have now , its covered with headliner foam backed fabric

I have one I haven't installed yet. I think I ordered light grey and it looks a little too light. Nice item though. Holes all already cut.

I asked G body and they said med. dark gray was the GN color.

1598 was the number they recommended.

They also recommended putting GN and verify on the order to make sure. ;)

I didn't order mine yet for the astroroof version.

SalvageV6 is correct. I replaced the headliner in my T-Top 87 GN 3 weeks ago with the pre-covered ABS piece from GBodyParts. Here are the order details:

1 xT-Top Headliners ABS (pre-covered)
- Paint Color: 1598 Medium Dark Gray
- Oversize Shipping: Oversized

You may also want to go ahead and order the "Headliner Clips Front & Rear" if you order from GBodyParts. When I took off the trim piece between the headliner and the rear window I found that a previous owner had already broken 2 of the 3 clips. I was very glad I had the spare parts on hand.

I have one I haven't installed yet. I think I ordered light grey and it looks a little too light. Nice item though. Holes all already cut.
I had mine recovered a few years ago and it was funny...the replacement was way more blue in color then I thought it should be. Once it was installed...it was perfect. I woulda bet it was wrong.

While on the headliner subject , how or can you put a headliner in a 87 hardtop with roll bars in it ?

with roll bar take off rearview mirror and slide headliner toward the windshield , on a roll cage you may need to remove the rear window

Back