heated Oxygen Wire Harness Issue

JAMIEPACURN

I recently purchased a "Heated oxygen sensor kit" a few days ago and need some help with the wiring. The oxygen sensor itself was fairly easy to install with single wire connected to the purple single wire. The issue is with the other end of the wireharness where one end plugs into the EGR solonoid and the pig tail gets wired to the main engine wire harness. The problem I'm having is my car doesn't even have a EGR solonoid. My EGR is even missing a vaccum hose. Since this solonid is missing is there another way to hook this up?????? Also, what part of the "wire harness" gets plugged into the sensor??? Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Jamie

Don't quote me on this, but I believe you can use the pink/black wire on the boost control solenoid.

I'll double check when I get home.

bOOST SOLONOID

Thank you for checking but I'm not sure if that it will work since the wire connector piece is larger then the connector on the boost solonoid. The heated oxygen sensor is supposed to be a simple "Plug and Play" that is if you have the correct components in the car. I wish I knew who took out the EGR solonoid. Even if I go out and buy a brand new EGR solonoid then I have to try to figure out what portion of the wire harness gets plugged into the EGR solonoid. (What a headache.......lol) Anyway, thanks for the reply!

I recently purchased a "Heated oxygen sensor kit" a few days ago and need some help with the wiring. The oxygen sensor itself was fairly easy to install with single wire connected to the purple single wire. The issue is with the other end of the wireharness where one end plugs into the EGR solonoid and the pig tail gets wired to the main engine wire harness. The problem I'm having is my car doesn't even have a EGR solonoid. My EGR is even missing a vaccum hose. Since this solonid is missing is there another way to hook this up?????? Also, what part of the "wire harness" gets plugged into the sensor??? Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Jamie
post pics of your drivers side intake, valve cover, coil pack area and we will show you where it plugs [hopefully] .... even if you dont have the solenoid you possibly have the weatherpack connector... hopefully you/they didnt hack the harness up

aaron

Pictures

Aaron,

I will post some new pictures of the driver's side valve cover, coil area, and other locations. I'm the third owner of this buick and have no idea who removed the EGR solonoid. Yes, I hope your right about the harness still having the weather pack. Thank you for the reply Aaron.

Jamie

Photos

Aaron,

Here are some photos I took today of the motor. I got pictures of the driver's side valve cover and coil pack region. However, the engine and firewall is so narrow I couldn't even see where the main wire harness even comes through the firewall. If you have some suggestions I'm open to them.

Jamie

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 115
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 017.JPG