Hello from the Colorado Rockies!

mr_tall___one

Hi Everyone!

I live in the Rockies of Colorado, In a place called Woodland Park. Pikes Peak is in plain view from my street. My driveway sits at 8,547 Feet above sea level..

I am a car guy, always have been, always will be. Have had over the years,an '85 Corvette, an '83 Park Avenue (307 Olds v-8), A '72 Continental big block 460 Lincoln, a '77 Olds Delta 88 with the Olds 350 'R' a 78 Pontiac LJ 301, 86, Mercury 5.0 EFI. '87 Crown Vic LX 5.o L, '92 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 4.6L (p71) yes, a p71 Merc. '92 Lincoln Continental The pattern here is the strongest engine I can find with the most room performance, comfort and handling I can find..

I do have a 1966 Thunderbird 428 "Q" code Town Landau unmolested survivor ( show winner) 43,000 original miles, (my late grandfathers car) and a '99 ford Windstar LX 3.8 L V6 Cammed and tuned. Coil overs, powerchair lift. Family Truckster daily driver with 180 K miles still strong.. My Dad's side is ford.... like forever ford... and My Mom's side is Buick/ GM Chevy.. have a cousin that is a Buick Dealer.... Owns the Dealership... has forever... Mom and Dad drove Buicks "still have a '67 Riv.. (dad used to tar and feather camaros and mustangs and even an E-type with that wildcat 430) and fords when I was growing up I learned to drive, with a hand control in my dads '82 G body four door Regal Limited with a 3.8 L v-6 normally aspirated.. I sold cars and ran the Special Needs Vehicles department for Perkins motors in colorado springs in the 90's and then my Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering degrees took me in a different direction.... I'm a consultant..

I sold My Corvette last summer... Miss it. terribly.Love the Jaguar F type.. wife says I can have :) I love her so... would even if she wasn't from Detroit and love cars as much as I do.. Can't quite bring myself to "jump the fence" and buy a Jag... I can't buy an $80K- $1ooK car yet anyway... 'bet I can find a lil 'ol Buick that i can afford.. In High School (Class of 1985) I was really torn between the turbo buicks and the Corvette.. . The Corvette came first... now I think Its time for a Turbo Regal...

Can I find one here in Colorado to go look at an negotiate for.... nope not yet... they all seem to be east coast midwest Florida, Texas or California.... I am very hesitant to buy a car sight-unseen. Hoping to learn more from you all and get some guidance about the Turbo Buick's and one find to drive , love and fix and call my own..

Thought I'd jump in here and see how the water is... Thank you in advance for having me...

Jonathan

Last edited:
Well, if you're ever heading north, stop by Caspers Electronics in Loveland. We're kind of into cars as well...

Welcome aboard.

Welcome aboard, I'm in Pueblo.co need any help don't hesitate to ask.I also ride the trails just north of there in N Divide.

Well, if you're ever heading north, stop by Caspers Electronics in Loveland. We're kind of into cars as well...

Welcome aboard.
Thank you John,

Nice to meet another Colorado Techie! I own CPUEMT.. I repair computers do programming and consulting.
Have friends in Loveland and Family in Greeley and Fort Collins so It is possible... always nice to make new friends..

Jon

Welcome aboard.
I just looked John I wish I had known you when I had the corvette, still i looked all over the place for a fuel pump pigtail for the 'vette.. wound up cutting and soldering the original back to life. I know now....

Jon,
Welcome aboard. Take your time and get a good one. Do your homework. Hook up with Turbo Buick people in your area to check out a car.
Let us know if you have any questions. Lots of good info and great people here.:)

Mike Barnard