You can type here any text you want

Hello my new friends

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

lone racer

lookin for the up side
hey,my name is Arnold i own a 79 t/r that is now powered by a pontiac 400 and am verry proud of it,its my low budget summer car that puts frowns on everyones face because they never get a chance to really see the front of it:smile: j/k last year it did 13.80 with horrible wheel hop through the 1/8 and have started to address that issue because of breaking 3 rears last year mostly do to that!any way hope to gain some friends and info and insight about our awesome cars,again HELLO:biggrin:

Welcome to the board, had a 83 Grand Prix with a 400 Pontiac that ran 13.5 @ 102 with 2.73 gears. There's a few other Pontiac guys on this board to. Buy a 8.5 out of a 84-87 GN or T-Type. They are kind of pricey though.

Yea that would be ideal but,thats not an option!800 is about the cheapest iv seen them around here,care to share your info about your 400?mine is a crap 72,7j2 headed 8.2 comp, stock manifolded stump puller:wink: performer,holley 770,magnum rockers,cc262 k, thats about it.this is my first poncho and love the tq verry hard out the hole,but all done at 5300.

Stock bore, with flat top cast pistons, 1967 670 heads, cast iron intake, Q-jet carb, Crane HMV-278 cam. It was over cammed and under geared with turbo 350 trans and stock torque converter. Dead at take off but hard when it hit 2500 rpm. Street raced a few people with it and was told buy one my friends that they were asked if I was sprayin nitrous because thay got me at take off and I passed them like they were standing still. I usually shifted at 5800 rpm and went through the lights at 5800 rpm in 2nd gear.

Gotta love that!5800 wow ,iv never reved past 5500 ,actually cant, im floating the valves at 54-5500 was always told they werent ment to rev that high anyway.Thanks for talkin bout it,love hearin about poncho kills,iv also been asked if im lying about the 400 being a 455,mostly from stanks that think there fast,mines no race car but on the street, light to light so far no one has come close,havent had the privilage of runnin next to a g/n but my day will come!

You should join the Performance Years Pontiac Forum. Heres the address:
forums.performanceyears.com , alot of good Pontiac people there. I have a 455 in a 62 Grand Prix and also restoring a 69 GTO.

I like the guys on pontiac street performance, PSP,they helped me with my 400 and plan on haveing cliff do a q jet for me.before i started my build i posted PYP for help and never got 1 response?

I don't really post to much, I've been a member there since 2003 and only have 422 posts.I mostly just do searches and find what I'm looking for.

YEA me to ,im not super knowledgable, but put my 2 cents in when i can or when its relevent.take it easy bro

Back