You can type here any text you want

Hello.... PLEASE HELP!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boostbaby

My name is aj im completly new to the buick world other then my departed grampa's old car im a technician by trade so I like to think i understand cars pretty well and to me there is nothing better then going to fast for your own good :D!!! I NEED HELP though like i said im new to buicks and have spent the last 3 hours reading about everything..... My situation is this im in the wet state of WA and im trying to sell my tool box you see and this dude hits me up and says he would like to trade his... " '84 Buick Regal, model is: (T-Type) / Grandnational." He goes on to say how its got less then 100k and recently like 3 years or so ago got a new engine and trans... he said there is a few problems like the turb needs to be rebuilt and some other little problems....that doesnt bother me what does is the fact that i dont know anything about this car like I.E. is it worth its salt OR is it desireable? is it upgradeable compared to later models? should i steer clear? is the ecm trash? is the motor trash?? What are the biggest things to look out for??? Ultimately am i getting in to deep for a first time buick/turbo owner PLEASE HELP ME IM VERY VERY NERVOUS AND YET EXCITED!!!!!!!! Im wagering a 20k Mac Box is it worth the trade.... PS i just meant thats what is was new i cant sell it for six so thats my point there!

As a side note what be said about the factory set is it fuel injected? Rear end set up? those kinds of answer to would be so perfect thank you all!

JMO It depends on the condition of the car, but I personally wouldnt do it. I would save for the more desirable 86-87 models.

JMO It depends on the condition of the car, but I personally wouldnt do it. I would save for the more desirable 86-87 models.

I would agree. The '84s just do not have the support of the aftermarket that the '86-'87 cars do. I don't think I'd do it either...especially if you're a bit nervous about the deal. You've come to the right place for feedback though!

so then the car is junk in 84 and it would take to much effort to make it really worth anything..?? also just out of curiosity what kind of boost levels can the factory set up handle?

An 84 in that condition is worth a fraction of 20k Prolly something like $2500 stay away from it. Sell ur tools and but a mint 87 grand national that'll run 10s for that 20k

An 84 in that condition is worth a fraction of 20k Prolly something like $2500 stay away from it. Sell ur tools and but a mint 87 grand national that'll run 10s for that 20k

And that's the truth, give him 2 air guns and an air ratchet for it not a 20k tool box, and also welcome

Well gentlemen thanks for your help I already told that guy its not going to work out and maybe in the future will see you around ill be keeping my eyes open now!

Back