You can type here any text you want

HELP Dash lights out !

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sams87gn

I put in a new raido with a factory plug / harness so i did not cut any wires & when i got done the dash lights did not work . I checked all the fuses & all is ok ?? Any ideas where to look next:confused: Thanks

This may sound stupid but did you check the dimmer switch? Is it turned down?
If thats not it I would recheck all fuses. If all are good unplug the radio and see if the dash lights work. If so I would think internal short in the radio.

I checked the dimmer switch & i took out the raido & harness & still no dash lights also no heater/ ac control lights . But when i had the raido hooked up the raido had lights on when powered up :confused:

Do your Tach and Boost lights go out when you turn on the lights?? That is what mine is doing now.:confused: Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I will be trying a new dimmer, then a new headlight switch. I will try to get to it this weekend and let you know. Please post if you figure it out. Thanks, John :cool:

It really sounds like a fuse to me. Check them all. I forget but I believe it is a 20 amp fuse maybe marked cig lighter.

If you blew a fuse, check that grey wire that goes to the shifter light.
It has a nasty abillity to ground itself out, and poof! No dash lights.
Temporarilly disconnect it, or unplug the radio, replace fuse (if blown)
and see if they some back.

ElectraJim

The 20A tail lamp fuse powers the 5A INST LPS fuse.

For some reason it blows first on a lot of shorts.

If it blows again look at that shifter light for a possible short or the radio lamp wire near your recent install for the short.

Do your Tach and Boost lights go out when you turn on the lights?? That is what mine is doing now.:confused: Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I will be trying a new dimmer, then a new headlight switch. I will try to get to it this weekend and let you know. Please post if you figure it out. Thanks, John :cool:

I'm having this same problem, if you figure it out shoot me a message with what it was!!!!

Back